Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

What about "Caca for Kakko". And I could be wrong, but I think whatever the Kings organization says about trying to compete for a playoff spot, they're not so delusional that they would add players to try to get in the playoffs. I thought if we won 10 in a row then maybe they might. But if last year's 8th place team got 95 points & right now in 44 games we have 37 points, we'd need 58 points in 38 games. That's 75% of our remaining games we'd need to win. And that's never going to happen.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3680 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Tran View Post
    What about "Caca for Kakko". And I could be wrong, but I think whatever the Kings organization says about trying to compete for a playoff spot, they're not so delusional that they would add players to try to get in the playoffs. I thought if we won 10 in a row then maybe they might. But if last year's 8th place team got 95 points & right now in 44 games we have 37 points, we'd need 58 points in 38 games. That's 75% of our remaining games we'd need to win. And that's never going to happen.
    Exactly. In the end, numbers don't lie. It's just really deceiving when you look at the standings and while the Kings are in last place... they're also only 8 points out of the final wild card spot. So it's easy for the organization to spin it and say we're still in the hunt. That's what I'm afraid of most and I fear Blake will trade our first round pick away... =x

Hell, in the last 3 out of 5 wins the Kings got they still ended up giving the other teams they're chasing an extra point. It's one thing to think the Kings aren't too far back but when you think about the amount of wins they need to leapfrog other teams, it's virtually impossible... especially when so many teams who play each other down the line will make them 3 point games.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5034 Post(s)

We all know what they should do - but will the self validation of making the playoffs plus it's additional revenues that justify internal "success" contradict reality?

Will the GM who was prepared to trade JAD, the Akil Thomas pick and Jake Muzzin to sign Pacioretty to yet another retirement contract just six months ago look at the last three months as the reality of their situation, or will they continue to be deluded by what are now ancient results and view this as "just a bad start"?

My money is on them doing something stupid. I really hope that I am wrong.

RANGZ
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1571 Post(s)

Someone please forward to whom it may concern:
    The various shades of blue represent the odds of finishing in playoff position.
    Kubrick
    The Kings roster is like a late stage game of Tetris. What they really need is a long skinny piece but all we keep getting are Kyle Clifford and Nate Thompson shaped blocks.

Classic player
    Images
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4071 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Blando View Post
    We all know what they should do - but will the self validation of making the playoffs plus it's additional revenues that justify internal "success" contradict reality?

Will the GM who was prepared to trade JAD, the Akil Thomas pick and Jake Muzzin to sign Pacioretty to yet another retirement contract just six months ago look at the last three months as the reality of their situation, or will they continue to be deluded by what are now ancient results and view this as "just a bad start"?

Based on this administration's track record, I am inclined to share your reasonable albeit pessimistic vision. But I will instead choose to believe that even Rob and Luc can't be so blind as not to see the futility of "remaining competitive". The Kings corporate brand has been upgraded substantially since the Cup wins. The continued perceived "success" on the ice that has been marketed with this core group of players has kept a solid flow of money into the coffers. Going into a full rebuild is an admission that these guys are now essentially irrelevant and the face of the franchise is some young kid from the future. You can't really blame an elite franchise's front office for going down kicking and screaming. Every team has been at this crossroads. Hell, it took Toronto over 40 years to finally tank and rebuild.

But I have to believe that Kovalchuk was the final attempt to keep the fan base energized and maintain the mythological star quality of the veterans. This time, Blake will be have to a seller at the deadline. Quick, Muzzin, Carter, Martinez and even Toffoli still have enough value to enable a strong start at building a future.

Yeah, I know...

4th Line Grinder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

That would be horrendous.

I like the talent of the top five in this draft, while there is no McDavid, Matthews there are four or five guys who will be cornerstone players for a team desperate for one under 28.....don't blow it.

Sausage King of Chicago
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3238 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Blando View Post

I'm very jealous of the Ducks' 9-game losing streak at the moment. I have faith that our boys can match or even top it. Maybe I'm just an eternal optimist.

RANGZ
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1571 Post(s)

We made it past the deadline!
    Let the tank commence in earnest.
    I want to see Kopi and DD with multiple games off. AMart to IR. Phaneuf 30 minutes a night.

A couple pictures to stress finishing position is still important. Even is we don't win the lottery, staying in the top 4 is huge.
    Lottery odds as they currently stand:

And relative value of draft picks:
    Kubrick
    The Kings roster is like a late stage game of Tetris. What they really need is a long skinny piece but all we keep getting are Kyle Clifford and Nate Thompson shaped blocks.

Enjoy the chaos
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    794 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aaron View Post
    We made it past the deadline!
    Let the tank commence in earnest.
    I want to see Kopi and DD with multiple games off. AMart to IR. Phaneuf 30 minutes a night.

A couple pictures to stress finishing position is still important. Even is we don't win the lottery, staying in the top 4 is huge.
    Lottery odds as they currently stand:

And relative value of draft picks:
    The Kings aren't going to outstink Ottawa.

We'll see how the lottery balls go.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    507 Post(s)

Tank you