Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4757 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
    Right now the Kings have the 3rd worst record in the league. If they maintain this, the worst they could pick is 6th overall.

Hughes seems to be the consensus #1 , with Kaapo Kakko being the arguable #2.

Here's a mock draft listing some of the players: http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/

A few players I've seen a bit of whom I like are Podkolzin and Cozens.

Podkolzin is a bit of a highlight reel with the individualistic plays to score goals. Cozens strikes me as a Lucic/Brown type of player, where he just hits everything in sight while also having a bit of skill.
    I have seen a lot of talk lately that Kakko may end up being chosen first.

But I am afraid this will all be moot as the team will be on.the bubble at the deadline and will be picking in the mid to late teens.

O Captain, My Captain!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    473 Post(s)

Is CBGB going to go to the last home game of the season wearing a HUGHES 19 jersey only to have us inexplicably win the game as Arizona loses theirs bumping us down to the second overall pick?

Enjoy the chaos
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    700 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Blando View Post
    I have seen a lot of talk lately that Kakko may end up being chosen first.

But I am afraid this will all be moot as the team will be on.the bubble at the deadline and will be picking in the mid to late teens.
    I've heard the same thing, too, but it's not uncommon for talk of someone expected to be the 2nd overall pick will take over the 1st overall. Dahlin is the rare exception where there was little talk of him potentially being replaced.

More likely than not it won't be until after the WJC where the true top player will be established more.

As far as the Kings being a bubble team, you may be right, but I'll never underestimate the Kings power to suck. Worst case scenario, even if they are outside of the top 10, they can still win the lottery

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)

It would be smart. Most of the cup champs tanked at some point for franchise level players.

Sausage King of Chicago
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3062 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darby View Post
    In spite of recent results, the team is too good. And the organization won't let it come to that.
    Yep.

Formerly kingjozef
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    362 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darby View Post
    In spite of recent results, the team is too good. And the organization won't let it come to that.
    Not sure I agree with the "too good" part, but I fear you are right about the organization not letting it happen. They'll likely trade young assets and picks for another player all while preaching the "window is still open" nonsense.
    On paper they're too good, on ice they are a hot mess...even in one of the only 2 games they've won so far.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1107 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anjae11eden View Post
    Not sure I agree with the "too good" part, but I fear you are right about the organization not letting it happen. They'll likely trade young assets and picks for another player all while preaching the "window is still open" nonsense.
    On paper they're too good, on ice they are a hot mess...even in one of the only 2 games they've won so far.
    I think Blake and the rest of the staff know better than to trade picks to prop up this mess. They didn't go down that road last spring and last year's team had a much better start than this year's.

I do think "too good" is somewhat accurate in the sense that the bad teams 10 years ago never had guys of the caliber of Doughty and Kopitar.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)

Not even november yet and we talking about where we guna draft. Guna be a loooooooooooooooooonnnnnng season.

Formerly kingjozef
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    362 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hokiecat View Post
    I think Blake and the rest of the staff know better than to trade picks to prop up this mess. They didn't go down that road last spring and last year's team had a much better start than this year's.

I do think "too good" is somewhat accurate in the sense that the bad teams 10 years ago never had guys of the caliber of Doughty and Kopitar.
    You would be wrong. They had a trade in place this summer trading JAD and picks (I believe 1 or more 2nd rounders) for Max Pac. They either don't have a grasp of where this team is at, or they do, and they're BSing the fans about it to sell hope and tickets.

Enjoy the chaos
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    700 Post(s)

Default Lose for Hughes?

Another player to keep an eye on is Kirby Dach. 22 points in 12 games in the WHL. 6'4 Center with all around offensive game.