Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    440 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Blando View Post
    As a side note, I am positive that Phoenix would have beaten New Jersey too.

Could you imagine a world in which the Yotes had a Cup?
    Ooo. Interesting, Doan would have been insufferable but carried that team on his back to get it done. And Raffi Torres slashing the **** out of Ilya would have been worth the price of admission. Those things being said at the time it would have been just as “shocking” as the King win but the whole Jason Lababera walking around with a cup ring would have driven at least one sane person to suicide.

Bird: Fair point. But in my head, the only person that would have been left from those teams today would be Jon Quick because when you’ve gone 40 years without a goalie, you hold on tight.

All Star
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1203 Post(s)

You guys all realize this thread is moot right?

We are going to trade our first round pick to try and get us out of the hole we are in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    644 Post(s)

No Hughes when stupid Brown is kicking ass and taking numbers! Wtg Brownie.

Sausage King of Chicago
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3070 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ilovela View Post
    You guys all realize this thread is moot right?

We are going to trade our first round pick to try and get us out of the hole we are in.

We're gonna get Pacioretty!

All Star
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1203 Post(s)

The tank is full speedo ahead!

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2123 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ilovela View Post
    The tank is full speedo ahead!

. The Kings are not trying to tank, they are just a really bad hockey team.

4th Line Insurance Policy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    347 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ice24 View Post
    . The Kings are not trying to tank, they are just a really bad hockey team.
    True, the players and coaches definitely are not trying to tank, and they are indeed a bad hockey team. But there might be somebody in the organization who recently...

*Hired a "player friendly" interim coach, and then encouraged him not to change anything right away.
    *Traded away a 26 year old top 6 winger for a player they will most likely flip for picks at the deadline.
    *Is about to let Jonathan Quick come back too soon from an injury for the second time this season, which will certainly put him on the shelf again by Christmas.
    *Hasn't waived Dion Phaneuf yet.

Of course, everyone thinks this particular person is too dumb to say one thing and do another. But I remember. Oh yes, and I'm over here laughing my ass off right now. I hope he keeps talking about playoffs and championship cores until the day they clinch 31st place in the league, then flashes that goofy grin as they win the draft lottery! Comedy gold.
    Last edited by Goon Squad; Yesterday at 01:38 AM.

jammer's overlord
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2675 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Goon Squad View Post
    *Is about to let Jonathan Quick come back too soon from an injury for the second time this season, which will certainly put him on the shelf again by Christmas.
    We all know this is definitely going to happen. I think he'll last till just before the All Star Game, though.

GO KINGS GO!!!

4th Line Insurance Policy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    347 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssa42 View Post
    We all know this is definitely going to happen. I think he'll last till just before the All Star Game, though.
    I guess if he still gives up nearly 5 goals per game, then the quest for Hughes can withstand the extra month of Quick in the lineup. Might even be helpful!

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    440 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Goon Squad View Post
    True, the players and coaches definitely are not trying to tank, and they are indeed a bad hockey team. But there might be somebody in the organization who recently...

*Hired a "player friendly" interim coach, and then encouraged him not to change anything right away.
    *Traded away a 26 year old top 6 winger for a player they will most likely flip for picks at the deadline.
    *Hasn't waived Dion Phaneuf yet.

Of course, everyone thinks this particular person is too dumb to say one thing and do another. But I remember. Oh yes, and I'm over here laughing my ass off right now. I hope he keeps talking about playoffs and championship cores until the day they clinch 31st place in the league, then flashes that goofy grin as they win the draft lottery! Comedy gold.
    Goon: Hello. Just as a preface to my argument it’s a slow day and I’m feeling sassy. *Ahem* Blake knows what he’s doing and is losing for Hughes, great. But to what end? Last month (week? Year? virtual reality is tough to gage) someone posted that Lucky and Blake were hired to fail without their knowledge. Fine. How many last place teams have stated that statement at least once? Much like the X-files I want to believe but isn’t the truth that maybe, just maybe they are both inept and faking it till they make it (like the rest of us?).

Sure the result is the same just less…betrayal? But since we’re already waist high in still waters: I say that Blake loves nostalgia so much that he’s regressing back to his role of eight years ago: Being boo’d by LA. He knows we miss doing it; he’s taking one for the team. Now that he’s got his helmet off Los Angeles, let’s really let him hear it. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.