Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Enjoy the chaos
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    700 Post(s)

I wouldn't want Vigneault to coach. It's not even that I feel the Kings need a hardass, but Vigneault is just as emotionally stoic as Terry Murray while also having a defensive scheme which emphasizes blocking shots.

Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4757 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
    I wouldn't want Vigneault to coach. It's not even that I feel the Kings need a hardass, but Vigneault is just as emotionally stoic as Terry Murray while also having a defensive scheme which emphasizes blocking shots.
    Agreed. The "trick" to the Kings' defensive prowess since Terry Murray had been in concentrating on getting in passing lanes and boxing out so initial shots are more clearly seen and second opportunities were limited.

Martinez blocked a ton of shots past year, and it was his worst season in the NHL. He was caught out on his off wing looking for shot blocks while giving up loads of space behind him.

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    436 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
    Emotionally stoic? The ghost of Pat Burns has just spit out his gum from laughing so hard. The more you guys dig in about Alain, the more I kind of want him here. Split the difference: A player's coach who is quick with a smile, understands every players emotional needs and has been used/abused as a stop gap before: Tom Renney.

it's camping season!!
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    334 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NotherCastle View Post
    Is that hot head Torts still in Columbus? That's who this team needs. Guy like that, to put them all in place and treat them like the spoiled little brats that they are. Torts would turn this team into a cup team in minutes.
    Tan, rested and ready??

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    436 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JEEPKING View Post
    Tan, rested and ready??

Christ. We need to re-title this thread: Rangers' trash a love story. Since we've listed all of the living coaches for that team, should we move on to the Isle? Then Buffalo? Ted Nolan, anyone? We all know his (ALLEGED) tactics in handling divas. Too far? yes. Sorry.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1966 Post(s)

"Bring out your dead!"

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1287 Post(s)

Last edited by beedee; October 22nd, 2018 at 10:47 PM.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    633 Post(s)

I'd be happy with Reggie Dunlap at this point. If only Kopi had some moxie.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    451 Post(s)

The truth is. The Kings organization is in big trouble. Yes Stevens needs to be replaced. But the problem goes beyond Stevens. Robi and Blakly are running this show and neither has any real experience in running a hockey organization let alone build a winning one. This team isn't even close to being a Cup contender and for those two idiots to think and believe that is why the Kings are in big Trouble. This core will not win another Cup. It is too slow and doesn't have the skill to compete. Depending on Quick to constantly win them games is in the past. Look at the teams that are in the hunt, the talent and skill and speed they posses. The kings cannot hang with them.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    384 Post(s)

If they do make a change I would like them to go with a younger coach from outside like Sheldon Keefe who was in the mix for a couple of Head Coaching jobs Rangers/Stars

SHELDON KEEFE
    Current role: Toronto Marlies (AHL) head coach
    NHL record: 0-0-0
    Scoop: Keefe is widely regarded as the next “up-and-comer” coach from the AHL. He has racked up a 96-45-11 record, winning three playoff rounds in two seasons, after cutting his teeth with the OHL’s Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds. The one problem for Toronto is that Keefe will likely make an NHL impact elsewhere, with Mike Babcock not going anywhere anytime soon.
    "Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison