Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

There isn't much of an offense to "open up". Even with an optimistic 50/50 homestand, they will remain near the bottom of the pile. Never been a fan of Sutter II, but a coaching change won't address the aging and slowing core of this team.

Would you Believe...
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    176 Post(s)

I came to this thread thinking it was about the Dodgers.

Just... just listen.
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    969 Post(s)

They will do just enough in this homestand to avoid any significant changes and will lurk in the background of the playoff picture for a while.

They won't fall too far out of reach, just enough for someone to justify thinking, "Well, if they can juuuust manage a little run..."

And come deadine, Blake won't be able to make any forward-thinking moves that'd take them out of the race, so he'll trade a third or something and maybe Campbell for some third line veteran guy who once scored 25 a couple of times.

All Star
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1972 Post(s)

Bigger Question: Who in their right mind will be paying good money to sit in the stands at Staples to watch this home stand?!?!?!?!?

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Here's a theory, tell me what you think. After being swept in the first Round last year -- DESPITE only allowing 7 goals in the series -- Stevens and staff spent the off season developing an offensive game at the expense of defense.

What we are seeing is the 99 ways the plan can fail before he hits on the way the plan can work.

Too optimistic?

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    189 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    Bigger Question: Who in their right mind will be paying good money to sit in the stands at Staples to watch this home stand?!?!?!?!?
    Do you even go to games?

All Star
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1972 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rozzy View Post
    Do you even go to games?
    Of course not.
    Why spend money on the mediocre going nowhere squad?!?!?

Last game I went to was a season ago.
    I won't spend money on a poor on-ice product and management that does not want to improve it.
    Management just wants to improve on their bottom-line.

That's fine and all. That's their business. Good for them, but they won't see my dollars.
    I'll wait until they are serious about building a contender.

4th Line Insurance Policy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    349 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rockkon View Post
    Here's a theory, tell me what you think. After being swept in the first Round last year -- DESPITE only allowing 7 goals in the series -- Stevens and staff spent the off season developing an offensive game at the expense of defense.

What we are seeing is the 99 ways the plan can fail before he hits on the way the plan can work.

Too optimistic?
    I like that theory, it makes me feel better! Unfortunately, it's more likely that what we are seeing is what happens when you ask a shoemaker to design a pair of sunglasses.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    405 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Blando View Post
    Alright, so what's happening right now is exactly what I have been worried about, posting ad nauseum about for four years. That was an incredibly frustrating thing to watch as it was happening, even if it was fun to argue and watch folks get all uppity.

I don't get any satisfaction out of this. It's incredibly sad, it's not frustrating anymore. This bed was made four years ago, and they don't have any choice but to lie in it. There is nothing that can be done to "save the season", and that should be thrown out the window as an option. They need to save the future.

It's depressing to actively avoid watching something that has meant so much for so long. As long as I can remember. It's not even a chore, it's straight up, legit depressing. There is no way back on this path. The very best efforts this organization can offer now is mediocrity. That's at best.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    453 Post(s)

The bigger problem is does Blake have the smarts to make the trades that will better the Kings. Based on the Kovi move. I don't think he does.