Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4766 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jran View Post
    lol..i am going to do what you do...watch...sometime in the next 4 years the stock market will loose some value...

when it does ill be sure to come back and let you UPITY people know how right I was..
    That's because you don't understand what I have been saying all along. It's not difficult.

If you think I said that that the Kings will eventually be a poor team, then your thinker is broken.

I could post a page's worth of told you so's here, but I won't, because I will probably overestimate your cognitive memory when I remind you and your ilk that we have discussed the problems with the contracts given to Quick, Brown, Gaborik and Kopitar, the stupidity of the trades that brought in Lucic, Lecavalier, Bishop, Phaneuf and the signing of Kovalchuk, all of which were always going to put the Kings into this situation of a full cap with no tradable assets and no quality kids to bring up as cost controlled supplements to a top heavy roster.

I told you what a bad idea it was to commit that much money and time to that many people every stinking time a new contract was signed.

I told you it was a dumb idea to give Quick ten years.

I told you the Lucic trade was a disaster from day one. Does anyone doubt that now?

I told you that keeping Kopitar was the absolute wrong move because the team would be out of contention during the half of his contract that he could actually deserve, and will be a $10 million per Handzus over the second half of that contact. Still don't believe me? Just wait, I am right about that too.

I told you how awful the Phaneuf trade was at the time even though 95% of you thought it was good because "at least he can play" like that was a good thing. No, he can't, and just like I said, Gaborik was done and that LTIR space sure looks awfully inviting, doesn't it?

See, I wouldn't need to rub this in your faces if it wasn't for the whole pile of garbage I had to get at the time i stated those things - half of those light-thinking heavy-worded dudes got banned for the garbage they spewed during those arguments. Do you know how often I get quote notifications that read "deleted posts" when I argue against something the Kings have done? It brings joy to my eyes when those who can't be civil and discuss something end up screwing themselves.

I KNOW I am right about these things - and you do too. You just don't want to read them. That's cool. But don't make it personal and expect me not to put it back on you when the "this is gonna happen" posts happen and y'all which argued look silly.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeaderFan View Post

Yet even with all those empty seats visible on TV, the official stats show the same sellout crowd of 18,230.
    This has been an on going argument that a friend of mine who works for Kings and I have every now and then. It's a total joke when they announce a sell out and it's obvious it's not.
    I was at a game on Halloween a few years back and half of the seats were empty and they announce a sell out. I took a picture and asked my friend how is this is a sell out, and he didn't have an answer.
    I think Staples/Kings go by how many tickets were sold (mainly by ticket brokers) and not turn styles.
    Such a joke when they announce a sell out and you can see empty seats all over the areas.

Sausage King of Chicago
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3072 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ja22 View Post
    I think Staples/Kings go by how many tickets were sold (mainly by ticket brokers) and not turn styles.
    Was it the word "SELL" in sell-out which led you to this conclusion?

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2123 Post(s)

With how the Kings are playing, I am actually shocked that people even care if a game is a sellout?

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    474 Post(s)

I only have 2 words to say...………….. Dwight King

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3513 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ja22 View Post
    a few years back and half of the seats were empty and they announce a sell out. I took a picture and asked my friend how is this is a sell out, and he didn't have an answer.
    Such a joke when they announce a sell out and you can see empty seats all over the areas.
    That's exactly what it is unfortunately. I'm certain that even if they sold like 17k, they'll "buy the rest" to make it look good and call it a sell out.

For what it's worth though, at least the Kings don't pretend they're selling out anymore as I don't hear Dave Joseph announce it anymore to the crowd in attendance. Even they know they have already been pushing it with the buttload of empty seats last year. This year it's even more noticeable that it's like 15,000-16000 strong (with 1000-1500 being other fans) at best.

Bottom line is that if you win, they will come. We're a bandwagon city. People only pay to see winners. That's how it has always been and how it always will be.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg