Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Super Sexy
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1735 Post(s)

Default One Homestand To Rule them All!!!!

This is it people. This homestand will make or break the season. Most of us are reserved to the fact that the season is already lost, but for those of you that want to hope, the next 7 games are it. If they turn it around and bank better than 10 points and climb back into the playoff hunt, then its a victory. If they continue to **** the bed, and based on how I think this is going to be played they are going to do just that, then one would expect there to be at least one trade, and probably a coaching change.

I think one trade is going to go down during this period, and will happen regardless of the early results.

My expectation is that Stevens isn't going to open up the offense but rather will try to tighten things up even more, playing a purely trap defensive style that bores everyone to death but eliminates mistakes and tries to keep the score down. He's going to try and get lots of 2-1 victories and if the game is tied going past the 10 minute mark of the 3rd period, its going to be 5 men back in the neutral zone.

When they don't get those 10 points, Blake will swing the axe. Probably an interim coach for a game or two, but its not going to get better. Blake is going to go with something he knows for the rest of the year, and it becomes and even bigger train wreck. Deadline comes, he cleans out the barn, gets some additional picks and prospects, and we go younger.

In my view, and for those of you that don't know, I'm the guy that wants to play grind it out hockey and not get in a track meet, it was time to make a coaching change 3 games ago.
    at the draft party a couple of years ago, and under a considerable haze, i heard Birdman yell out the following (about 4 or 5 times, i think) - "don't marry yourselves to players!" he went on to reiterate that idea more than once on the boards, and i believe it to be absolutely sage.

---gescom

Yer Damned Woodpecker
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    275 Post(s)

Agree.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Bullets are cheap. Life is priceless.

Sausage King of Chicago
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3063 Post(s)

I hope it's a disaster. That's the only way this ****show will start turning around any time soon.

Any head will do.
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    101 Post(s)

Let us not postpone the inevitable anymore.

Though it would be kind of funny if they started winning games as soon as Brown is back.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3512 Post(s)

The homestand will more or less take us to almost the Thanksgiving break, which is usually the benchmark on whether or not a team will make the playoffs.

I'm fully expecting them to go 3-3-1, 2-3-2 or something average.. With the way they've been playing, it's highly unlikely they can just "turn it on" and go 7-0.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

sunday is an afternoon game not good historically for the kings , and the blue jackets and ducks might be the only games to snatch some points but I have never seen them so bad

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

funny how a couple years ago brownie was the guy everyone wanted traded and now he is the savior of the franchise lol

The One & Only
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    484 Post(s)

The issue is that we're already "all-in"

How are we going to unload the contracts of Kovalchuck, Brown, Phanuef.

To get rid of Gaborik we took Phanuef. Not gonna be much different to move these contracts

Quick?

Pieces with value would be

Carter still has value but less each year. He's 33 after all.
    Muzzin
    Martinez

Sadly the last of the prime Kopitar years, and much of Doughty's will be a total waste.

I guess on the bright side, we stop paying Matt Greene at the end of this season, and only 1 season later, no more recap penalty on Richards. Although he's gonna be cashing those termination checks for all eternity.

Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4762 Post(s)

Alright, so what's happening right now is exactly what I have been worried about, posting ad nauseum about for four years. That was an incredibly frustrating thing to watch as it was happening, even if it was fun to argue and watch folks get all uppity.

I don't get any satisfaction out of this. It's incredibly sad, it's not frustrating anymore. This bed was made four years ago, and they don't have any choice but to lie in it. There is nothing that can be done to "save the season", and that should be thrown out the window as an option. They need to save the future.

It's depressing to actively avoid watching something that has meant so much for so long. As long as I can remember. It's not even a chore, it's straight up, legit depressing. There is no way back on this path. The very best efforts this organization can offer now is mediocrity. That's at best.

Sausage King of Chicago
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3063 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vrankol View Post
    Let us not postpone the inevitable anymore.

Though it would be kind of funny if they started winning games as soon as Brown is back.
    While it would probably not be due to Brown, I fully expect them to start winning for a while. Just enough to delay the inevitable rebuild.