Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    440 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bojanglz View Post
    Oh god, someone is defending Quick's play? He has been just as bad as the rest of the team. So 17 goals in 4 games played and none of them were his fault? And don't say a couple because it was more than just a couple that was his fault. .845 sv %. Someone needs to take off the Quick goggles. And please don't blame it on not being healthy.
    it aint so...

Now on the 1st tee...
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    472 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    If GMís were in the dark about it before, they sure are aware now.

However, I believe itís no secret, and most GMís would agree he has significant risk of injury and how it relates to his long contract.
    The most effective move any of the Western Conference GMs could make would be none - to ensure he stays put, where ineffective play, injury and a millstone of a contract will remove the Kings as a serious contender for anything.

SHOOT!
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bojanglz View Post
    Oh god, someone is defending Quick's play? He has been just as bad as the rest of the team. So 17 goals in 4 games played and none of them were his fault? And don't say a couple because it was more than just a couple that was his fault. .845 sv %. Someone needs to take off the Quick goggles. And please don't blame it on not being healthy.
    I agree with you, I'm quite a critic of Quick... (see my rants how he can't pokecheck to save his life!) But he's STILL the best goalie this team has ever had, by far. And his team not scoring (again!) on front of him is not news.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    741 Post(s)

And he's now on LTIR with a torn meniscus. Sucks.

Time wounds all heels.
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    188 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LAKingSteve View Post
    And he's now on LTIR with a torn meniscus. Sucks.
    I hope this hastens the tear-down and rebuild. But deep down I know the organization isn't going to do that. So yea, it just sucks.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    741 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy2213 View Post
    I hope this hastens the tear-down and rebuild. But deep down I know the organization isn't going to do that. So yea, it just sucks.
    For me, it sucks because I don't want to see any Kings get hurt...especially not one that has done so much for the franchise.

4th Line Grinder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Sentiment aside, the Kings need to shore up their goaltender situation. Quick just isn't his former self and never will be again. Without a stellar defense and a high power offense, the team cannot afford a moderate goal tender. Campbell should get the bulk of the work to see if he's ready to be the man. Call it a yearlong tryout. At the same time they need to be finding some talent to fill the whole at goal.

4th Line Insurance Policy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    347 Post(s)

Banking on (and paying for) an elite goaltender just seems to be the wrong move for this era of NHL hockey, and that's without even taking age or playing style into account. I'm not ignoring the benefits of a 2012 Quick or a 2018 Fleury, but elite goaltending is a costly ingredient that technically could be considered an optional part of the recipe. Like, if you need that much salt, then you're probably missing some other key ingredients from the way Mama used to make it.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1114 Post(s)

LOL, this whole thread is too rich. OMG Quick is breaking down. Maybe TV producers could hire LGK to be the next cast for House 2.0.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hokiecat View Post
    LOL, this whole thread is too rich. OMG Quick is breaking down. Maybe TV producers could hire LGK to be the next cast for House 2.0.

Itís so true. So rare to see an intelligent post about a lot of things but especially Quick. The argument that you canít pay that much for a goalie is a valid one.... not necessarily correct but valid. The argument that this guy, after what he did last year, is nowhere near what he used to be shows a complete lack of understanding of goaltending and really, hockey in general. LGK only deals in absolutes. The contract might be too much for too long somehow equals he sucks.