1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    644 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Goon Squad View Post
    I can't really argue with that, and I guess that's really what it comes down to. Even if you did consider him elite, he still can't drag a bad team even as far as the 2nd round. Carey Price, Henrik Lundqvist... the results aren't there either.

I don't know that there is a goalie in the game right now that I'd feel good committing massive term or dollars to. I think there will come a goalie in the next few years who is generational, and sets the league on its ear. But right now, not really.
    To be honest, the days of the ELITE goalies might be numbered. The ice is blatantly tilted towards offense for years now. From Goalie pad reductions, arm pad reductions, more goals allowed to count by Toronto and most importantly stick technology that allows any old player to fire pucks like never before with speed and accuracy.

At the end of the day, there are many great goalies in the game, but Elite is subjective. Rinne is king right now, but he can' t get them to the promise land. Fleury is amazing too. I'm not sure in this new NHL a goalie can just come on the scene and dominate with odds stacked up against them--this is part of why GM's don't draft goalies with high picks, especially now. Scoring is the name of the game.
    Last edited by MiketheKing; November 5th, 2018 at 01:13 PM.