Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    638 Post(s)

Default Crystal ball on Quick and his ever ailing health.

From a 36 year old beer league goalie constantly injured, from rotator cuff tears, 3rd degree ankle damage and hip flexor injuries... the writing's on the wall. It seems injuries will plague Quick for the rest of his career due to his inhuman athletic style and aging body.

Poor guy. I wonder if Quick will be forced to retire in a few years? Would management put him in a Scuderi like retirement contract in Ontario ( whether he plays or not) to reward him for his service in a few years?

This might actually be the best thing for his health and our long-term salary cap. We can only pray Cal Petersen will be ready to step up by then.

Well, that's just lazy D
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

We've had this discussion offline - I still think the Kings let the wrong goalie go 2 or even 3 years ago

Yes Quick is the #1 or #2 goalie the Kings have ever had (depending on how you feel about Rogie) and has brought them two Cups, but his style will almost always result in the type of injuries we are seeing now. Bishop or Jones, while not quite as good as Quick at his peak, play a much more controlled style that uses their size and positioning that will enable them to - likely - play at a top level for a longer period. Stevens, or whomever is next, is going to have to start cutting his game count during the season to maximize his potential effectiveness at the end of the season / playoff time.

Like the saying goes: It ain't the age, it's the mileage. Quick is putting a lot of mileage on his body with his style

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

I the words of the great philosopher Sir Davos Seaworth,

"Nothing fooks you greater than time."

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3512 Post(s)

Until he is a shell of his former self, I think he'll be okay for a few more years. Granted, he won't be near anywhere as good as the Cup days, so the Kings defense will need to pick up the slack and stop relying on him to do everything.

In the meantime, whatever injury he has... he just needs to stop trying to rush back.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4762 Post(s)

Giving an athletic goalie a ten year deal, no matter how fantastic he is, is a terrible decision for the health of your franchise.

Quick still has four more years left after this one, and you know he will always pull more than his weight. He is as tough as it gets.

If you have any kind of feelings for him, you have to be concerned about the abuse he is putting on his body and what's worse, the pain and likely surgeries he will be facing to try and stay part of the solution here.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1970 Post(s)

This is no surprise. Many have been saying this for years. This is why Quick's contact was going to be an albatross.

Quick was never going to play a long time like a Brodeur et al.

My goal is to stop yours
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    140 Post(s)

I ❤️ J. Quick....��

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)

You misspelt Cristobal

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1970 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    You misspelt Cristobal
    Aww the misspelling.....you beat me Huet!

Just... just listen.
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    966 Post(s)

That groin is like a old rubber band that's been stretched too many times - yeah, there's still some elasticity to it, but there're places where it's held together with super glue and there are other places where it's starting to fray.

"Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about."
    "It's understanding that makes it possible for people like us to tolerate a person like yourself."