1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    926 Post(s)

Default Faust and Fox

This may be an off season thread but in search of good hockey I have watched a couple of Ducks games (forgive me).... and have observed Ahlers and Haywood have become less annoying than Faust and Fox. Since BOB retired Fox has become unbearable and Faust is an Ivy League premodona. The Ducks broadcast team for years ranked as one of the worst duals in hockey, while the Kings with BOB were among the top. I fear that the broadcasting team has sunk below even the team on the ice...... I donít know where to turn anymore

Hyperbolic V.I.P.
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    394 Post(s)

Just listen to Nick and Daryl while watching the game.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    926 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. No View Post
    Agree they should be the primary team on the tv broadcasts. I am out of town in Seattle so linking their broadcast to the tv is difficult.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    405 Post(s)

I agree. That's the way to go.

Why waste time with mediocrity when Nick and Daryl are one of the best hockey
    broadcasting duos in the League?

BTW, how do you syncronize the 2 broadcasts?

All Star
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    257 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sevenhole View Post
    This may be an off season thread but in search of good hockey I have watched a couple of Ducks games (forgive me).... and have observed Ahlers and Haywood have become less annoying than Faust and Fox. Since BOB retired Fox has become unbearable and Faust is an Ivy League premodona. The Ducks broadcast team for years ranked as one of the worst duals in hockey, while the Kings with BOB were among the top. I fear that the broadcasting team has sunk below even the team on the ice...... I donít know where to turn anymore
    I think Faust has been fine. He has a solid play by play voice. Sometimes I think he tries a little too hard but expect that will change with time.

Fox on the other hand has done a complete 180. I think it started after the Kings won the cup but with Bob gone he has a tendency of taking over the broadcast and while I love his passion for the Kings, comes across very 1 sided at times. He used to be one of my favorite analysts, I really am not sure what happened.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    926 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shoot2scor View Post
    I think Faust has been fine. He has a solid play by play voice. Sometimes I think he tries a little too hard but expect that will change with time.

Fox on the other hand has done a complete 180. I think it started after the Kings won the cup but with Bob gone he has a tendency of taking over the broadcast and while I love his passion for the Kings, comes across very 1 sided at times. He used to be one of my favorite analysts, I really am not sure what happened.
    I would love it if Faust would just call the game but he insist on being an analyst and Fox’s buddy. The repeated banter between them during the broadcast is annoying. It’s not about them, it’s about calling the game so you know where the play is taking place and analysis during breaks in the play.........Like it was with BOB in the booth

All Star
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    257 Post(s)

Now on the 1st tee...
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    472 Post(s)

I would love it if Faust would just call the game but he insist on being an analyst and Foxís buddy. The repeated banter between them during the broadcast is annoying. Itís not about them, itís about calling the game so you know where the play is taking place and analysis during breaks in the play.........Like it was with BOB in the booth
    Just wait. The way things are going, these broadcasts will become 2Ĺ hour Patinť commercials...

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    93 Post(s)

I would love it if Faust would just call the game but he insist on being an analyst and Fox’s buddy. The repeated banter between them during the broadcast is annoying. It’s not about them, it’s about calling the game so you know where the play is taking place and analysis during breaks in the play.........Like it was with BOB in the booth
    Maybe the games are so bad they are trying to take the focus away from the terrible play. They are taking one for the team to keep the fans off the terrible on ice display. hahah

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1970 Post(s)

Exactly, just flip on the old radio and tune in.....errr......wait.....never mind.