Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1109 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sevenhole View Post
    Anyone attend today's practice? Encouraged by the up tempo
    approach that I've read about..... yeah it's one practice but it's not with Stephens
    Yep, caught the 2nd half of it. Much better practice IMO. That was the 2 on 2 drill where the bloggers all posted pictures. Overall more skating and tempo.

The lose a drill and do pushups was tailor made for today's social media world.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    405 Post(s)

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    741 Post(s)

And now coach Q is out in Chicago. Think the Kings would have grabbed him had he been available a week earlier? Hard to pass up a coach with his pedigree.

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    439 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Blando View Post
    While that might help explain the night sweats and my fondness for The Golden Girls, sadly, I am not Elliott.

Plus she would have been publishing this three years ago instead of waiting for it now.
    Is this real life? What is happening? Is there some sort of subliminal marketing campaign happening for the Golden Girls? On Saturday, I had this dream that I was out for a morning jog and ran past a farmers’ market to see Eddie Murphy and Kevin Hart shopping and as I got closer to them I could hear their conversation. They were asking each other about what streaming service has that 80’s show the “Golden Girls”? I kept running past but shouted, it's Hulu guys, Hulu. Stay golden!

The take away: Thank you for being a friend? Or rule 34?

Just... just listen.
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    968 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LAKingSteve View Post
    And now coach Q is out in Chicago. Think the Kings would have grabbed him had he been available a week earlier? Hard to pass up a coach with his pedigree.
    To what end? This group of players is lacking, regardless of the coaching. It'd be like bringing in a Nobel-winning mathematician in to tutor your 8 year old on fractions.

Although, if the management is still operating under the delusion that this team is a potential contender, then this seems like something they'da tried.

Of course, in the case of the kid and the tutor, why the hell would the mathematician even consider the job?

"Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about."
    "It's understanding that makes it possible for people like us to tolerate a person like yourself."

Take a big quaff
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    129 Post(s)

Okay, if anyone can attempt sincerity in answering this. Yes, Nachbaur was the assistant coach... but what did he do for the team?
    What was he supposed to be responsible for? And how did Lowry survive the axe?

(yes, i should know this, but after Sutter and the sheen of 2 Cups fully faded away and then Stevens was promoted, i stopped paying attention to the staff.)

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    384 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NewCastle View Post
    Okay, if anyone can attempt sincerity in answering this. Yes, Nachbaur was the assistant coach... but what did he do for the team?
    What was he supposed to be responsible for? And how did Lowry survive the axe?

(yes, i should know this, but after Sutter and the sheen of 2 Cups fully faded away and then Stevens was promoted, i stopped paying attention to the staff.)
    "Nachbaur joined the coaching staff in 2017 and focused largely on the power play. Nachbaur was previously the head coach of the WHL’s Spokane Chiefs."
    https://www.jewelsfromthecrown.com/2...nachbaur-fired
    "Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1970 Post(s)

^^ "focused largely on the power play"?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!

Good riddance!