1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    640 Post(s)

Geez, I get to go to bed with a smile on my face! GKG
    Last edited by MiketheKing; November 7th, 2018 at 03:12 AM.

jammer's overlord
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2667 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sevenhole View Post
    Who had cliffy tonight??? Should probably get a bonus point for that quess
    that was why I had specified the unlikely suspects who had scored the game winners last season in the question.

GO KINGS GO!!!

Sizzler Across The Street
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    766 Post(s)

Who had cliffy tonight??? Should probably get a bonus point for that quess
    Silfverberg
    Henrique
    Aberg
    Brown
    Clifford

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3377 Post(s)

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed the game winning goal would be scored by the big red dog:

Rogie-Vachon
    Histiking

I had to get up early and fell asleep to what sounded like a very excited nick and Daryl. Let's see how long the honeymoon lasts.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    457 Post(s)

Game doesn’t have the same feel without Mr Perry out there
    Don Perry?

(That's going back a ways, eh?)

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1970 Post(s)

Win one for Willie!

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3512 Post(s)

1st win of the season against a Western Conference team, nice.

Here are my two cents from last night.

- First off, my section in 304 had like maybe 40 Ducks fans . One fan in particular refused to shut up all game long. He just kept yelling "Let's Go Ducks!" every 15-30 seconds. Does he have passion for his team? Yeah, you bet. But shut the **** up! Don't do it the whole game just for the sake of being annoying. I'd imagine that it would be so much worse if we lost. Eventually he tried to chant "Go Ducks Go" so our fans just said "Home" after that. It sounded pretty good if you think about it. "Go Ducks Go Home". I guess ultimately I don't blame him for being annoying. I'm sure he gets the same treatment from our "fans" at Honda Center.

- Now for the game. First thing I'm sure we all notice right off the bat is body language. It speaks volume and the body language the Kings showed is that they wanted to win. That's something we haven't really seen this season besides the game against Columbus on Saturday and maybe the home opener against the Sharks.

- So I'm not sure what to make of the breakout game so far. I like the puck movement but eventually the teams will figure it out and intercept our passes with ease if they just keep blindly throwing it up the middle of the ice. They also kept doing the alley-oop play where they get it out of the zone but want someone else to chase it and beat the icing. The only problem with that is that 80% of the time, we got an icing. So all the whistles can get annoying if they're going to keep playing like that.

- On offense, I like that they're taking risks again. Yes, throw blind passes to the slot to get a scoring chance. That's way better than constantly trying to set up a cycle or shoot it form the point predictably.

- Even on defense, one thing I immediately noticed is that the players WANT to help block shots. Players like Muzzin, Doughty, Luff, Iafallo and Thompson in particular were the guys who made sure to block everything possible.

- Then we got Campbell, an unproven goalie who is very well proving to be solid. Way to go Jack.

- Oh yeah, let's talk about that Clifford goal. Loved how Martinez decided NOT to change lines and just skated up the ice because he knew he had space. Once he passed to Clifford I was like "Oh great..." but then Clifford freaking went to his backhand before shooting it. That was amazing coming from him. You could see how excited and surprised Clifford and Martinez were when they hugged each other.

All in all.. good start. We'll see how they handle the next few games before I'm fully convinced we're still not on the tank train.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

Loyal to the Royal
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed the game winning goal would be scored by the big red dog:

Rogie-Vachon
    Histiking

I had to get up early and fell asleep to what sounded like a very excited nick and Daryl. Let's see how long the honeymoon lasts.
    never doubt the Big Red Dog! Had to put Cliffy in there, he's been the only person on the team that seems put in 100% effort every shift, every game. I'd love to see him get 1st/2nd line time.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    443 Post(s)

I know it's only one game, but I liked Willie's first game as head coach. A little more aggressive, shorter shifts, and his post game presser while not as comical as Sutter's used to be he came across as very likeable and answered all the questions.