One step closer to the rebuild.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3513 Post(s)

Here are my two cents from last night at Staples for those who like reading them. (Thank you.)

- Wild fans were tame and kept to themselves as usual. If only more visiting fans were like that.

- The 50/50 raffle people were hiding tonight. The one night people want to buy and donate, they were MIA on the upper concourse.

- 1st period, the Kings came out flying. I think the only reason Muzzkill was able to score so easily is because the defense just backed off and dared him to do something.

- Once again, I loved all the quick puck movements, the passing and shooting from any angle. You know, the kind of plays that keeps the goalie on their toes.

- After that, it all went downhill. Whatever the Wild talked about during the 1st intermission they fixed it immediately and the Kings did not know how to adjust accordingly.

- As you all already mentioned in the GDT... Kopitar was pure ass all game. Many times I saw him give up on the play just so he can change lines. Any pass that went to him, for some reason he kept trying to receive the puck with his skates. I know we've all seen lazy Kopitar before but tonight was absolutely over the top.

- The best line IMO was Kovalchuk, Carter, and Toffoli. I especially give credit to Carter and Toffoli because they were flying for the most part. Even though the Kings didn't play too well in the 2nd and 3rd period, these two guys (along with Pearson when he was out there) tried to make things happen.

- On the defensive end, Martinez was the only real standout as far as defense goes. What the heck happened to Forbort? He's been pretty invisible all season long.

- All in all, this game was a big reminder as to why the Kings suck this year. Too many players not pulling their weight. Again, the 1st period was awesome. The inability to adjust to Minnesota's game plan in the 2nd and 3rd period killed us, besides the usual craptastic PP. It's just so frustrating to watch this team on the PP because you can clearly see that they have no idea what they want to do. No one wants to take initiative. That's why even with the PP and empty net, we can't get the puck in the zone. People are too scared to be "the guy".

Thanks for reading. We'll see how the Kings do on Saturday against the dreaded Flames.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg