Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    93 Post(s)

I was going to post this awhile back when the article came out. But now that its posted:

"Once Leiweke left, everything changed," another source with knowledge of the Galaxy's inner workings, who asked not to be identified, said. "Leiweke is a steamroller and all decisions were based on winning. Everything changed when he left because Beckerman doesn't have as strong a personality. When you start picking players for marketing reasons and all this stuff..."

the quote was from a LA Galaxy article:
    http://global.espn.com/soccer/club/l...playoffs-again

I immediately thought of Kovy, but hes actually been producing and better than I thought

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kingnut View Post
    I was going to post this awhile back when the article came out. But now that its posted:

"Once Leiweke left, everything changed," another source with knowledge of the Galaxy's inner workings, who asked not to be identified, said. "Leiweke is a steamroller and all decisions were based on winning. Everything changed when he left because Beckerman doesn't have as strong a personality. When you start picking players for marketing reasons and all this stuff..."

the quote was from a LA Galaxy article:
    http://global.espn.com/soccer/club/l...playoffs-again

I immediately thought of Kovy, but hes actually been producing and better than I thought
    Sounds legit and true to me, because since Leiweke left, the Kings have pretty much been marking for the bandwagoners. Almost feels like Disney is behind the curtain.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    93 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ja22 View Post
    Sounds legit and true to me, because since Leiweke left, the Kings have pretty much been marking for the bandwagoners. Almost feels like Disney is behind the curtain.
    Winner winner chicken dinner!

The question is how much dysfunction and when will it be straightened out!

Keeper of Dewy's teeth
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1095 Post(s)

I didn't used to believe that Beckerman had a hand in both team's disasters...but I've changed my mind. Partly because it just can't be a coincidence that both teams are tanking in such similar ways. And ultimately he's the guy who allowed Chris Klein to botch 3 coaching hires with the Galaxy and have him continue on as team president. And while I don't think Luc and Blake are at that level of incompetence yet (Blake's drafts have been good IMO) we need to see some vast improvement and soon

Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5033 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    ftfy!
    Redux!

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    93 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KHenry14 View Post
    I didn't used to believe that Beckerman had a hand in both team's disasters...but I've changed my mind. Partly because it just can't be a coincidence that both teams are tanking in such similar ways. And ultimately he's the guy who allowed Chris Klein to botch 3 coaching hires with the Galaxy and have him continue on as team president. And while I don't think Luc and Blake are at that level of incompetence yet (Blake's drafts have been good IMO) we need to see some vast improvement and soon
    Agree with your comments. More concerned about Luc than Blake (Hurts me to say that, Im not a Blake fan). Wondering what circumstances going on right now? Any power struggles?

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2152 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kingnut View Post
    Agree with your comments. More concerned about Luc than Blake (Hurts me to say that, Im not a Blake fan). Wondering what circumstances going on right now? Any power struggles?
    Agreed. I think Luc is a company man that will do Beckerman’s bidding to squeeze profit out of the Kings first, and being competitive is not high on Dan’s list. Luc hasn’t shown that being competitive is a high priority. Hiring a limited in experience GM wasn’t a brilliant move either.

Bring Chips, That's a 20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    240 Post(s)

Dan cares vastly more about restaurants being full at LA Live. Lombardi wanted a rebuild, Luc and Blaked didn’t. Dean may have created most of the salary and pick issues, but he was willing to rebuild. The current on ice product is partly due to Deans loyalty but the biggest reason is Luc and Blake were in Dans ear and Dan going with Dumb and Dumber.

But the question is, who comes in and rights the ship. The Kings are not a club that can sustain a win now mentality. So just a coach will not do. It will require a housecleaning and a club president who will have free reign.

Nobody of substance will want to come in and answer to Beckerman. Whether you agree, I fully expect when the Kings to bring in a big name and clean house when it’s clear they will not make the playoffs.

The Dolphin is Not Amused
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2290 Post(s)

I only miss Lie-weekly because it was so much fun to blame him for everything.

Well, at least we still have Mitchrock.

Now on the 1st tee...
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    498 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    Agreed. I think Luc is a company man that will do Beckerman’s bidding to squeeze profit out of the Kings first, and being competitive is not high on Dan’s list.

The Kings will be the first team in the NHL to feature players on the ice who resemble race-car drivers.

At least it may involve a splash of color.
    Last edited by ChilledAgua; November 21st, 2018 at 02:55 AM.