Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darby View Post
    That's no surprise. AEG/AXS are competitors with Stub Hub now as they muscle their way into the secondary ticket market. "Dignity Health Sports Park" is going to take a little getting used to.

I agree that Luc and his team are company guys and each season look at new ways to increase revenue versus improve the team. I think their corp meetings start with ideas on how do generate another % profit increase for AEG rather than how do we win another cup. It is a business after all. The problem is you can't keep raising prices and reducing fan perks (not to mention data mining them) while the the product on the ice deteriorates. That's why guys like me who were long-time STHs, even through the dark times, finally said no thanks.

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    502 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeaderFan View Post
    I have to agree with Bo. The LAPD line was fun to watch and Deadmarsh had Detroit's number every time we played them. Who knows what could have happened if everyone stayed healthy. It wasn't just the top line. As I recall we set records for man games lost.

I respect Dave Taylor. He did what he could with heavy budget constraints (aka "Dumpster Dave"). He put together some good players and he drafted players like Kopitar and Quick.
    Deader:
    Lols. My comment was more about the 2001 Kings winning the Cup. Not about which team I would rather currently watch, 2001 team all day. To that end, if FSW1 showed tomorrow's game against the Sens and FSW2 showed the 2001 game against the Sens, my peanut brain guarantees that FSW2 out draws for the Bob Miller factor alone.

Now, back to the 2001-02 team. There are several huge reasons those Kings were a lucky upstart against g.d. institutions but my point will be goal tending. Do you actually think that 2001 Potvin/Storr could backstop against Hasek/Legace then Roy/Aebischer followed by Johnson/Brathwaite? Okay, my argument falls apart at the Blues but they had MacInnis and Pronger logging 25 minutes a game, so..yeah..then beat Brodeur/Beezer in the Final? Drugs. Friend, you are on drugs*. =)

*no disrespect intended.

Registered Redophile
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    556 Post(s)

I'm beginning to think that this management team is the same one that insured the Death Star for dings and scratches...

I've got Myxomatosis
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    119 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by What party? View Post
    Deader:
    Lols. My comment was more about the 2001 Kings winning the Cup. Not about which team I would rather currently watch, 2001 team all day. To that end, if FSW1 showed tomorrow's game against the Sens and FSW2 showed the 2001 game against the Sens, my peanut brain guarantees that FSW2 out draws for the Bob Miller factor alone.

That fight against the Sens was the most epic Kings brawl I ever witnessed. Potvin going after (whatever that goalies name was), the fight getting dragged toward the Sens bench and the guys on the bench helping their goalies glove off... I was so livid, so alive!!

Who was our guy that came off the bench and got 10 games in that one? Anyone remember?

Now on the 1st tee...
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    493 Post(s)

If Beckerman's name somehow makes it onto a pennant in the rafters, the associated artwork will have to be a green eyeshade.

1st Scoring Line
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)

I agree that Luc and his team are company guys and each season look at new ways to increase revenue versus improve the team. I think their corp meetings start with ideas on how do generate another % profit increase for AEG rather than how do we win another cup. It is a business after all. The problem is you can't keep raising prices and reducing fan perks (not to mention data mining them) while the the product on the ice deteriorates. That's why guys like me who were long-time STHs, even through the dark times, finally said no thanks.

Couldn't agree more. I gave up my seats at the end of the '16-'17 season (after 16 years and loyal during the lean times), and it hurt to do it, but looking back I'm glad I did.

Basic Nomad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    117 Post(s)

BDTR I believe that was Adam Mair. Also remember Timmy Gleason trying to hold his own after Chara came for him. It was Hurme v Felix.
    One of my all time favorite games as well.

I've got Myxomatosis
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    119 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NobleSavage View Post
    BDTR I believe that was Adam Mair. Also remember Timmy Gleason trying to hold his own after Chara came for him. It was Hurme v Felix.
    One of my all time favorite games as well.
    Yes yes yes! It’s all coming back now - thanks Noble!

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    269 Post(s)

I have to agree with Bo. The LAPD line was fun to watch and Deadmarsh had Detroit's number every time we played them. Who knows what could have happened if everyone stayed healthy. It wasn't just the top line. As I recall we set records for man games lost.

I respect Dave Taylor. He did what he could with heavy budget constraints (aka "Dumpster Dave"). He put together some good players and he drafted players like Kopitar and Quick.
    It was a byproduct of Andy Murray burning out his guys. Stuff like that works in prep high school, but not in the NHL. Can't run these guys ragged single day and not expect them to break down.

Basic Nomad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    117 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soyokaze View Post
    It was a byproduct of Andy Murray burning out his guys. Stuff like that works in prep high school, but not in the NHL. Can't run these guys ragged single day and not expect them to break down.
    Didn't that locker-room also have like the worst chemistry? That couldn't have helped guys wanting to get back to work.