#1 Kings fan In The World
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    273 Post(s)

That's why you are my favorite Quick! You are the best in the World !

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3398 Post(s)

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed the Canes would be credited with 34 shots on goal and to those who came within +/-3 (31-37). The winning posters are:

Exactly 34 SOG (2 points)
    Ice24
    hornman
    Chateau Bow Wow

31-37 Shots on goal (1 point)
    MaxwellSmart
    VegasHockey
    Rogie-Vachon
    KHenry14
    Stormy2213
    Helvetica
    forum gold
    beedee
    Moog
    hokiecat
    PuckMaster
    Nyssa42
    notbob
    Rawley19
    05/29/93
    beady eye
    Liz4LA
    Lefty King

I was at a holiday party for most of this but big congrats to Quicky on not only the shut out but the victory.
    Last edited by Nyssa42; December 3rd, 2018 at 12:31 PM.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3544 Post(s)

Morning folks. Here are my thoughts from Staples....

- White Jerseys at home! Sweet. I prefer seeing colors from the other team instead of us always wearing Black and them always wearing White. When I first saw Carolina come out with Red I was thinking "Oh son of a *****, we're wearing those grey jerseys aren't we?" Thankfully that wasn't the case.

- Holy **** Batman! Drop the puck already. I understand the moment of silence for President Bush but at the same time you didn't need to spend 5 minutes talking about the history of what he did. But he's the President, so I can respect that. But then they spent another 5+ minutes honoring the figure skating people. Do we really need a puck drop on a Sunday evening at 7:45 PM? The answer is no, we don't.

- At least the ceremonial puck drop was hilarious to watch. J-Dub tried to win the faceoff. Then after the handshakes with the figure skaters, J-Dub reached out to Kopi and Kopi skated away for a second before coming back to shake his hand. Fun to see.

- Staples had maybe 11,000-12000 peeps last night. It was the emptiest its been all season. I expect Tuesday's attendance to be even worse with the Yotes in town. Even at the concession stand during intermission, the most people waiting in line was maybe... 5? (Not that I bought anything. I was just observing.)

- Carolina played so well last night in the 1st. Honestly, if Quick wasn't doing Quick things, the score would have easily been 4-0 by the end of 1.

- I couldn't help but notice that every time we had Phaneuf out there, the Canes exploited that weakness by chipping the puck ahead of him and beating him in a foot race easily. When they didn't, I give Phaneuf credit because he would poke that puck away.

- But other than that, it was a really boring game and it felt like Carolina was in the offensive zone for like 75% of the game.

- The 5 on 3 penalty kill late in the 3rd is what finally woke the crowd up and likely fired up the team. Waterboy sat next to me and he was saying that if we killed the 5 on 3, we'll likely win the game.

- AMart with that goal was sweet and he was celebrating like we clinched a playoff spot... lol. That's how bad it's been for us.

- Clifford's empty netter was hilarious because you know he might miss the net if he shot it. So just skate that puck in to be safe.

- No traffic leaving Staples. That's a rare thing and almost kind of nice.

Thanks for reading.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

Keeper of Dewy's teeth
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1036 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Staples had maybe 11,000-12000 peeps last night. It was the emptiest its been all season. I expect Tuesday's attendance to be even worse with the Yotes in town. Even at the concession stand during intermission, the most people waiting in line was maybe... 5? (Not that I bought anything. I was just observing.)
    Already looked for tickets for Tuesday, found Premier seats for as low as $25

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    117 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed the Canes would be credited with 34 shots on goal and to those who came within +/-3 (31-37). The winning posters are:

Exactly 34 SOG (2 points)
    Ice24
    hornman
    Chateau Bow Wow

31-37 Shots on goal (1 point)
    MaxwellSmart
    VegasHockey
    Rogie-Vachon
    KHenry14
    Stormy2213
    Helvetica
    forum gold
    beedee
    Moog
    hokiecat
    PuckMaster
    Nyssa42
    notbob
    Rawley19
    05/29/93
    beady eye
    Liz4LA

I was at a holiday party for most of this but big congrats to Quicky on not only the shut out but the victory.
    Hi Jammer,

I guessed 32 sog (Post #28) and should be included in the list too.

Thanks!

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3398 Post(s)

You're correct, I had your name down, just missed on post

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    142 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Morning folks. Here are my thoughts from Staples....

- White Jerseys at home! Sweet. I prefer seeing colors from the other team instead of us always wearing Black and them always wearing White. When I first saw Carolina come out with Red I was thinking "Oh son of a *****, we're wearing those grey jerseys aren't we?" Thankfully that wasn't the case.

- The 5 on 3 penalty kill late in the 3rd is what finally woke the crowd up and likely fired up the team. Waterboy100 sat next to me and he was saying that if we killed the 5 on 3, we'll likely win the game.

- Clifford's empty netter was hilarious because you know he might miss the net if he shot it. So just skate that puck in to be safe.
    I agree with all these thoughts..

jammer's overlord
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2722 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyKing View Post
    Hi Jammer,

I guessed 32 sog (Post #28) and should be included in the list too.

Thanks!
    I used my magical powers to add you to jammer's list so I don't forget you when I do the GDT at some ugodly hour tonight

GO KINGS GO!!!

Loyal to the Royal
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)

Loved the Doty hit on J-dub, then the smiles from both...priceless.