Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1773 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by empire View Post
    Wayne Simmonds.....do it.
    I'd take Wayne Simmonds and a Mid Rounder.

Simmonds will return a prospect and a 1st come the deadline.
    at the draft party a couple of years ago, and under a considerable haze, i heard Birdman yell out the following (about 4 or 5 times, i think) - "don't marry yourselves to players!" he went on to reiterate that idea more than once on the boards, and i believe it to be absolutely sage.

---gescom

Win it again..for Tanner!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    461 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    Negative. Prospects and/or picks for the rebuild.
    Think about the future. The present is a dead end.
    flip simmonds to a contender for better picks at the trade deadline...

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    507 Post(s)

I hate to say it,but I too would be ok with trading Quick, but we need young talent in return.

RANGZ
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1571 Post(s)

Carter Hart making Quick unnecessary.
    Kubrick
    The Kings roster is like a late stage game of Tetris. What they really need is a long skinny piece but all we keep getting are Kyle Clifford and Nate Thompson shaped blocks.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3559 Post(s)

Trading Quick for cap relief makes no sense since kings would give up control of that cap recapture. You'd have to get him on a contending team and hope that he stayed healthy. Not sure what return makes you overlook that

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    441 Post(s)

Since his return from his injury, Quick's save % is about .920 and his GAA is about 2.36. Not sure why people think trading him is such a good idea. Our goalies' combined cap hit is about $6.5 million, which is very manageable. The guy was our best player by far in the playoffs last year. We have a couple of younger goalies that can help lighten the load.

If we get an offer that's too good to turn down, then sure, but there's no rush to trade the greatest goalie in our history. I think some people are forgetting how long it was before Quick that we had a world class goalie. Hrudey and Potvin were not that. Not even close.
    Last edited by HeadInjury; December 29th, 2018 at 10:20 AM.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    347 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HeadInjury View Post
    Since his return from his injury, Quick's save % is about .920 and his GAA is about 2.36. Not sure why people think trading him is such a good idea. Our goalies' combined cap hit is about $6.5 million, which is very manageable. The guy was our best player by far in the playoffs last year. We have a couple of younger goalies that can help lighten the load.

If we get an offer that's too good to turn down, then sure, but there's no rush to trade the greatest goalie in our history. I think some people are forgetting how long it was before Quick that we had a world class goalie. Hrudey and Potvin were not that. Not even close.
    Only Vachon comes close to Quick.

Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5033 Post(s)

The Kings must look forward. Quick's contributions will never be forgotten.

Why So Serious?
    Images
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1296 Post(s)

Id do it in a heartbeat for the right return. Dump the contract and build for the era of Cal. Our vets were built for 2012 not 2018.

Sausage King of Chicago
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3238 Post(s)

So? He's going to lead the Kings to their next Cup? He'll be ancient by the time they're ready to compete again. Trade him while he still has value. The past is the past. And quickly getting to be ancient past. There is nothing he can do for the Kings other than get them a pick or prospect. At best, he can help them win a few more games right now. And that is not actually a help.