1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1229 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
    So? He's going to lead the Kings to their next Cup? He'll be ancient by the time they're ready to compete again. Trade him while he still has value. The past is the past. And quickly getting to be ancient past. There is nothing he can do for the Kings other than get them a pick or prospect. At best, he can help them win a few more games right now. And that is not actually a help.
    Unfortunately you are correct. The Kings basically need to dump one of their greatest players in order to improve themselves. The first Cup win was sparked by Quick's insanely good play. And without 2012, there may not be a 2014 run. So we are talking about trade the guy who was a catalyst for the Cup era. That said, the current roster is not comparable to NSH, WPG, COL, WAS, TBL. Any wins that Quick adds are probably just costing us draft position. Putting emotions aside, the wisest move is to trade Quick.

4th Line Grinder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

And Carter and others.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2182 Post(s)

Everyone is available! Leave it at that.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    208 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Centerman66 View Post
    And Carter and others.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    With, as shown in the Teddy Talks beach segment, how much Carter and his wife love living in SoCal you would think he'd be working just a bit harder to secure that lifestyle.

I grew a Fatmanchu.
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    227 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JasonU View Post
    With, as shown in the Teddy Talks beach segment, how much Carter and his wife love living in SoCal you would think he'd be working just a bit harder to secure that lifestyle.
    I’m sure the Carters could continue that lifestyle if he retired today. This is why it’s so hard to trade him because he can just quit and we’ll be on the hook for his recapture.

Keeper of Dewy's teeth
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1074 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsfan626 View Post
    I’m sure the Carters could continue that lifestyle if he retired today. This is why it’s so hard to trade him because he can just quit and we’ll be on the hook for his recapture.
    Two things....It would be pretty rare for a pro athlete in any sport to walk away from 7 million dollars. Secondly, he's not too old for a hockey player, meaning I think he still has the desire to play and people who feel that way don't retire because they don't want to leave where they live.

Now all bets are off if last year's injury is still a problem. Something like that may move a guy into retirement quicker than he wants

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    Again, who cares about the return if they'll just take the cap hit away.
    They need to at least throw in Gritty, come on now.

Two-way grinding forward
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsfan626 View Post
    The top teams in the league at this moment are Tampa with 62 pts, Toronto with 54, Washington with 51 and Winnipeg, Calgary and Vegas with 50 apiece. San Jose, Buffalo and Nashville are right there, too. If Blake could move Carter to one of them would he take it or would he retire instead of being traded? The Blightning don't appear to need the offense so he'd be more of a depth scorer than a top team scorer and the pressure would be off. Toronto hasn't won a Cup since pre-expansion and if they make it there'd be a lot of players who'd like to be a part of it. The Crapitals are an easy pick to repeat as well. Maybe he'd take a trade if it meant bandwagoning for another ring.

Enjoy the chaos
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    742 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    Again, who cares about the return if they'll just take the cap hit away.
    Because I don't believe in trading away core pieces, especially one as celebrated and decorated as Quick, for **** return that won't help the Kings become better long term.