Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43
  1. #11
    Sizzler Across The Street
    Rogie-Vachon's Avatar
    Karma: 12852000
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,485
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    808 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Helvetica View Post
    Not to derail, but i was just wondering what Matt Greene was up to as well. Anybody know?
    Scouts for the Kings....

  2. #12
    Concussed Villain
    Mondo Blando's Avatar
    Karma: 7292204
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    11,730
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5055 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    Never heard if he was able to get off the Oxy train.
    It's none of our business either way.

  3. #13
    All Star
    Moog's Avatar
    Karma: 2127696647
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,440
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2160 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Blando View Post
    It's none of our business either way.
    High horse much?

    Mike is no outlier.
    Players and addictions to alcohol, cocaine, and opiates is disturbingly "common".

    As fans we do care if players become addicts and head in a downward spiral.
    Seeing Mike turn into the former shell of himself because of head injuries and addiction is saddening.

    A league, union, and player culture that turns a blind eye to these things is beyond disturbing.

    It's a bit of fan's "business" because we do root for these guys and care about their well being.
    They are human beings and not just pro athlete machines gobbled up and spit out by leagues that care about $$ first and the athlete....somewhere down the line.



    https://www.thesportster.com/hockey/...bstance-abuse/
    https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2...trom-anonymous

  4. #14
    Registered Redophile
    King Ludwig's Avatar
    Karma: 88860000
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    6,346
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    562 Post(s)

    Default

    He's looking for his mop...

  5. #15
    Taxi Squad
    What party?'s Avatar
    Karma: 3413000
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,406
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    549 Post(s)

    Default

    Both of you make valid points but one could argue that once out of the NHL Mike stopped being a public figure therefore entitled to his privacy where on the other hand the opioid epidemic does need a famous face of redemption. Mikey, you could be that guy. Good luck and deity of your choosing speed.

  6. #16
    Concussed Villain
    Mondo Blando's Avatar
    Karma: 7292204
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    11,730
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5055 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    High horse much?

    Mike is no outlier.
    Players and addictions to alcohol, cocaine, and opiates is disturbingly "common".

    As fans we do care if players become addicts and head in a downward spiral.
    Seeing Mike turn into the former shell of himself because of head injuries and addiction is saddening.

    A league, union, and player culture that turns a blind eye to these things is beyond disturbing.

    It's a bit of fan's "business" because we do root for these guys and care about their well being.
    They are human beings and not just pro athlete machines gobbled up and spit out by leagues that care about $$ first and the athlete....somewhere down the line.



    https://www.thesportster.com/hockey/...bstance-abuse/
    https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2...trom-anonymous
    No, it's absolutely none of our business how he is handling his own MEDICAL issues. It has zero impact on our lives, and it's his own demon to deal with whether you get updated or not.

    My horse is a mile high, but I didn't need to saddle up for this.

  7. #17
    It's
    CIrvine's Avatar
    Karma: 2147483647
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    1,722
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    135 Post(s)

    Default

    I really hope the Kings honor him in a few years.

  8. #18
    All Star
    Moog's Avatar
    Karma: 2127696647
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,440
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2160 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Blando View Post
    No, it's absolutely none of our business how he is handling his own MEDICAL issues. It has zero impact on our lives, and it's his own demon to deal with whether you get updated or not.

    My horse is a mile high, but I didn't need to saddle up for this.
    It's his choice on how he deals with his addictions.

    However it is the fans "business" when there is a laundry list of players that are addicted during and after their years of playing in this league.
    That is a problem. That should be the business of the fans to demand more from the league in terms of how it treats (or does not treat) players.
    This league has shown for decades that the health and well being of its players is far down on the list of priorities.

    Fans have significant concern about a former player and their addictions.
    Too many players are/were addicted. Far too many have died from a toxic combo of injuries combined with addictions.

    So yea, it is our business to be concerned.

    Sure it impacted fans "lives", we all watched Mike crater in front of us for years. It really is one of the Kings saddest stories.
    If you were a Kings fan it impacted you. Perhaps not in a person to person way as it would for his friends and family, but to see a guy's career get ruined by injury and addiction, it sure does leave an imprint on the fans.
    Hence why this thread even exists.


    Here's hoping Mike can/did conquer his addictions.

  9. #19
    Classic player
    VCRW's Avatar
    Karma: 1074652763
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    16,033
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4079 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CIrvine View Post
    I really hope the Kings honor him in a few years.
    If he stays straight, why not? More than any other single player, Mike Richards personified the winning culture that was missing before his arrival in L.A.

  10. #20
    The One & Only
    rajuabju's Avatar
    Karma: 2247388
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,771
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)

    Default

    I'd be down for a Mike Richards legends night.

    I def. miss him. Hope he's recovering (seems so).

    Plus, he's getting paid until like 2035 or something. So I cant feel THAT bad for him.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •