Enjoy the chaos
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    720 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    It's his choice on how he deals with his addictions.

However it is the fans "business" when there is a laundry list of players that are addicted during and after their years of playing in this league.
    That is a problem. That should be the business of the fans to demand more from the league in terms of how it treats (or does not treat) players.
    This league has shown for decades that the health and well being of its players is far down on the list of priorities.

Fans have significant concern about a former player and their addictions.
    Too many players are/were addicted. Far too many have died from a toxic combo of injuries combined with addictions.

So yea, it is our business to be concerned.

Sure it impacted fans "lives", we all watched Mike crater in front of us for years. It really is one of the Kings saddest stories.
    If you were a Kings fan it impacted you. Perhaps not in a person to person way as it would for his friends and family, but to see a guy's career get ruined by injury and addiction, it sure does leave an imprint on the fans.
    Hence why this thread even exists.

Here's hoping Mike can/did conquer his addictions.
    It's good to be concerned. It's good to care about the well-being of the players. Every player, and every person, deserves compassion and care.

But what he's going through from a medical perspective is still not your (or my) business. If he wants the public to know, he has the right to release it or make it known.

Have you considered he doesn't want you to know?

All Star
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2029 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
    It's good to be concerned. It's good to care about the well-being of the players. Every player, and every person, deserves compassion and care.

But what he's going through from a medical perspective is still not your (or my) business. If he wants the public to know, he has the right to release it or make it known.

Have you considered he doesn't want you to know?
    Where did I say I demanded to know about it?

I simply questioned if he was off the oxy train.
    He's not in this thread. I cannot nor did I ask him directly.

I already said "It's his choice on how he deals with his addictions."

However to say that the fans have "no business" inquiring/having concern about players and their health and welfare is beyond ridiculous.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    373 Post(s)

I don't think anyone is demanding to see his medical records. I haven't heard anything about Mike. No other run-ins with the law that I'm aware of. Is he clean? Who knows. Wishing him a happy and healthy life is all I can do.

Enjoy the chaos
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    720 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    Where did I say I demanded to know about it?

I simply questioned if he was off the oxy train.
    He's not in this thread. I cannot nor did I ask him directly.

I already said "It's his choice on how he deals with his addictions."

However to say that the fans have "no business" inquiring/having concern about players and their health and welfare is beyond ridiculous.
    You asked if he was still on the Oxy Train.

Mondo said it's not our business.

You said Mondo is on a high horse and that is it the fan's business because you care about their well-being.

This whole thing was you musing aloud if he's still on oxy. This wasn't an argument over "if he's still on oxy, I hope he recovers." It was an open door for people to speculate on something that ultimately is not our business.

I'm sorry if your original intent was misunderstood, but there's a huge difference between genuinely hoping someone recovers from something he may or may not still be suffering from, and openly musing if someone is still suffering from an issue.

All Star
    Images
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1652 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rogie-Vachon View Post
    Scouts for the Kings....
    Oh that's right. Totally forgot.

Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4852 Post(s)

Just one thing to add, for every player who ends up working for an organization or being involved in the game, there are dozens who end up selling insurance or cars, opening up small mom and pop joints in their locals, generally doing things that they would probably prefer not be known to the public at large.

For the most part, it's better to let heroes stay heroes and let real life churn on apart from the spotlight. If someone wants to resume that real life, I have no interest in intruding.

Truancy Officer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)

Not to get too sidetracked, but does anyone have any info on the gal with the blue fauxhawk lately?

All Star
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2029 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
    You asked if he was still on the Oxy Train.

Mondo said it's not our business.

You said Mondo is on a high horse and that is it the fan's business because you care about their well-being.

This whole thing was you musing aloud if he's still on oxy. This wasn't an argument over "if he's still on oxy, I hope he recovers." It was an open door for people to speculate on something that ultimately is not our business.

I'm sorry if your original intent was misunderstood, but there's a huge difference between genuinely hoping someone recovers from something he may or may not still be suffering from, and openly musing if someone is still suffering from an issue.
    It's ok that you misunderstood.

Concern for Mike and his well being is felt by most Kings fans.
    They do care.

If Mike ever read this, I can only hope that he understands that fans care about his well being. Whether it's their "business" or otherwise.

Concern about what happens to players in terms of injuries and addictions during and after their career is a great thing that fans do.

Time wounds all heels.
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    194 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NobleSavage View Post
    Not to get too sidetracked, but does anyone have any info on the gal with the blue fauxhawk lately?
    Thanks for the reminder of the good ol' days at LGK.

Loyal to the Royal
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)

not to get too sidetracked, but does anyone know when deader or allison will be back in the lineup?