Registered abuser
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)

If it were me, I'd trade all of Kopi(Invisitar), Kovi,Carter, Quick , Doughty and Toffoli. Reap the benefits and rebuild this **** show!
    Last edited by Henry1515; January 2nd, 2019 at 05:22 PM.
    If a ram is a sheep and a mule is an ass,why is a ram in the ass a goose?

Sizzler Across The Street
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    807 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LAKingSteve View Post
    Toffoli - My Daughters Favorite Player - My Daughter's Favorite also - but since he got married....he blows
    Carter - My Wife's Favorite Player - I have a Carter jersey - signed too...but he's a shell of his former self. BEACH-HOT WIFE-CUTE KIDS-FOO FOO DOGS...
    Quick - Has saved this team's bacon more times than I can remember - Quicky is awesome...but if some Eastern team dangles a first round choice....take the deal

That being said, I think Toffoli being the youngest would be the toughest to lose, Quick would be the saddest. None of them would make me angry per se.
    Just my opinion...

Time wounds all heels.
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    210 Post(s)

That's too easy - none of them.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1272 Post(s)

Quick.

But I think we are at the point where nobody is untouchable. I am finally coming to grips with 2012-14 being behind us. It's like the scene in Slapshot where McGrath is saying "Do you see this quarter? It used to be a nickel. Now the golden years are behind you."

That core had the most amazing run. I remember thinking in 2012 that I'd take a decade of sucking if we could win the Cup. Things aren't that bad but the payment has come due. Blake should take the best deals that he can and hopefully ship these guys off someplace where they can win more titles.

Classic player
    Images
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4071 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hokiecat View Post
    Quick.

But I think we are at the point where nobody is untouchable. I am finally coming to grips with 2012-14 being behind us. It's like the scene in Slapshot where McGrath is saying "Do you see this quarter? It used to be a nickel. Now the golden years are behind you."

That core had the most amazing run. I remember thinking in 2012 that I'd take a decade of sucking if we could win the Cup. Things aren't that bad but the payment has come due. Blake should take the best deals that he can and hopefully ship these guys off someplace where they can win more titles.
    2012 was before the last walkout. While it is my best sports memory, that triumphal march is ancient history versus today's game. 2014 might be viewed as being more in the modern era but it was still the final triumph of the big, bad Kings and the style of hockey they epitomized. We are in a vastly different age. Retool & Re-invent.

Registered Redophile
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    562 Post(s)

Brown and any pick higher than a 6th rounder...

For King, Ace Whole
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Henry1515 View Post
    If it were me, I'd trade all of Kopi(Invisitar), Kovi,Carter, Quick , Doughty and Toffoli. Reap the benefits and rebuild this **** show!
    Psssst - You forgot a few!

Combine money, fame, success, women and wives, and lots of free time and ultimately it leads to old age and lack of motivation!

Every one of those names were a part of very successful teams that went to the Final or won, some twice. They all proclaim to want nothing more than to win again, yet their actions belie their true intentions as they are mostly underperforming versus their contract cost/AAV caphit and on ice value. Too many cones, not enough hamburgers, a few cheeseburgers, and the deluxe burgers aren't appealing anymore and no one wants to order them.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Not on the list & it wouldn't make me angry. But I'd be disappointed if they traded Brown & Kopitar for 1 reason. Right now Brown is at 1076 games & Kopi is at 962 games. If they don't miss another game this season, by the end of the season Kopi will hit 1000 games & Brown will pass Dave Taylor at 1111 games for most games by a King. Also, I want to see Quick get 300 wins.

That's for this season. After that it depends on what we get in return. I'd be sad & disappointed if anyone from the Cup winning teams goes but that's reality. With Toffoli, he's been disappointing the last 2 years, but especially this year. I don't want to give up on him but he needs to get his act together. Especially since he & Iafallo are the only 2 forwards over 25 & under 30.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)

Honestly I'd be most angry if NONE of them were traded and most happy if ALL of them were traded.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    360 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rogie-Vachon View Post
    Quick
    Carter
    Toffoli

*Purposely left off Muzzin and Forbort (Liz4LA's whipping boy) because I doubt no one would shed a tear for them being dealt...
    I wouldn't be mad if they traded any of them. Hell, honestly trade all 3 and then some. This old core needs to be removed. Even though Toffoli isn't that old, I wouldn't mind seeing him traded. I would be fine with Doughty and Kopitar traded also. In reality though, Quick I think can go since the Kings have 2 capable goalies behind Quick and since the Kings aren't going to see any Cup runs anytime soon, now would be the time. Carter, depending on his NTC, should also be traded now. Get the feelers out for Doughty and Kopitar as well.