Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    705 Post(s)

Blake sucks at trades. Look what he got for Pearson.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    94 Post(s)

At this point, it's not about who they get rid of. The important piece is who they get in return.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2210 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NotherCastle View Post
    Blake sucks at trades. Look what he got for Pearson.
    In 41 games this year, Pearson has 5 goals and 5 assists. -12 on the year. What are you supposed to get for a player like this? He has 9 points in 24 games with the Pens and is a -3 with them. He had 1 point for the Kings. He is on a high scoring team now and is not burning up the league. Got rid of his contract for an expiring contract.
    Last edited by Ice24; January 4th, 2019 at 09:08 AM.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2210 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2xcrash View Post
    I donít want to see anyone traded till we get rid of Blake. Heís incapable of restructuring a new team from the ground up. His trades have been for s#!+
    Besides Pearson, who has Blake traded?

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2210 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by salami View Post
    I would only be angry if the return was inadequate.
    At this point, anything for these players is adequate. A bag of pucks and a few water bottles is fine.

All the way from MN
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Trade all three if great deals can be made. Toffoli is the only one I'd cringe about a little because he has shown some great ability in the past, but it has been a long time now since he has done anything to help carry his team.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    705 Post(s)

Hags was an upgrade? At least get a pick for Pearson.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    360 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xcheck View Post
    At this point, it's not about who they get rid of. The important piece is who they get in return.
    Here is what I think:

Brown - actually might be tradeable now as a team could be interested in him. He might fetch a 2nd rounder but might need to take like 1-2 mil of his salary also.
    Doughty - would fetch the most out of everyone. Maybe a 1st, 2nd and a good prospect or a 1st and a young above decent roster player.
    Kopitar - hard to tell with his contract if anyone would even take that on but if he did get traded, the Kings would need to eat some of that and maybe get a 1st and prospect.
    Toffoli - a 2nd round or 3rd and a prospect
    Quick - I have no clue but if we can get him traded and off the books that would be a good deal in itself
    Carter - Hasn't done anything this season. Value probably has dropped a lot but could fetch a prospect or a 3rd and like 7th round conditional or something.
    Kovalchuck - I feel could help an offensive minded team. I think overall he still has some left in the tank and would have double the points on a team that would utilize him. Right now paying that much money for a 3rd liner is rediculous. Of course he won't do much playing with Thompson. Not sure what he would fetch but I believe there would be takers.

Obviously I have no clue but the Kings don't need aging or current roster players that belong in a rebuild. But like people said, I don't think Blake would do a good job in a rebuild and we don't know what goes on in the office, but I wouldn't doubt if the owner(s) are forcing some of this and to not do a rebuild. But, if it comes down to it, I feel a GM outside of the Kings organization would be best and that has no ties to the Lombardi era. Luc can go to or just be a PR person for show but not have any authority.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2210 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NotherCastle View Post
    Hags was an upgrade? At least get a pick for Pearson.
    Hags will be dealt at the deadline for a pick. Not a great pick but something, if nothing else he is gone after this season. Pearson that did nothing for the Kings will be paid to do the same thing for a couple more years.