Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 51

Thread: Official Concerts of 2k19 \m/

  1. #11
    1st Scoring Line
    hokiecat's Avatar
    Karma: 2147483647
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,022
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1308 Post(s)

    Default

    My goal for 2019 is less concerts. I'm trying for a few per month maximum.
    So far, Billy Idol and Ennio Morricone in January.
    Muse and Peter Murphy in February.
    Bob Mould, Muse (again) , and Billy Idol (again but acoustic) in March.
    The Church in May.
    And then open until Jawbox and Beck/Cage The Elephant in July.
    Last edited by hokiecat; February 13th, 2019 at 08:43 AM.

  2. #12
    All Star
    ucsdguy1's Avatar
    Karma: 6855739
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,463
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1104 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hokiecat View Post
    My goal for 2019 is less concerts. I'm trying for a few per month maximum.
    So far, Billy Idol and Ennio Morricone in January.
    Muse and Peter Murphy in February.
    Bob Mould, Muse (again) , and Billy Idol (again but acoustic) in March.
    The Church in May.
    And then open until Jawbox and Beck/Cage The Elephant in July.
    Those billy idol shows in March at the Ace hotel were expensive!

  3. #13
    All Star
    Salty Dog's Avatar
    Karma: 3472967
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,275
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    596 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    Spiritualized @Troubadour.
    Saw the show at the Orpheum back in October and it was one of the best shows I've ever been to.


    Only show on my radar for 2019 is:


    Playing outdoors in Bend, OR which would be amazing to see.

  4. #14
    Can I get a Hell Yeah
    sonnyboy11's Avatar
    Karma: 3622870
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,490
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    179 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
    Saw the show at the Orpheum back in October and it was one of the best shows I've ever been to.
    One of my hardcore concert-going buddies and I are still talking about that show. The new material translated so well live... it caught us a bit off-guard. And I normally go into a J Spaceman show with reasonably high expectations.

  5. #15
    Can I get a Hell Yeah
    sonnyboy11's Avatar
    Karma: 3622870
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,490
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    179 Post(s)

    Default

    Second day of Just Like Heaven announced for Friday, May 3rd. First day sold out almost immediately. Details here

    https://www.justlikeheavenfest.com/pass-details/

  6. #16
    All Star
    Salty Dog's Avatar
    Karma: 3472967
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,275
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    596 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    One of my hardcore concert-going buddies and I are still talking about that show. The new material translated so well live... it caught us a bit off-guard. And I normally go into a J Spaceman show with reasonably high expectations.
    Same here, my buddy and I kept looking at each other like "are you seeing this?" during that show. First time I saw them was when they opened for Nick Cave at the Hollywood Bowl, I had never listened to them before and was blown away. The only band I've seen with Nick Cave who were on par with him live.

  7. #17
    Can I get a Hell Yeah
    sonnyboy11's Avatar
    Karma: 3622870
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,490
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    179 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
    Same here, my buddy and I kept looking at each other like "are you seeing this?" during that show. First time I saw them was when they opened for Nick Cave at the Hollywood Bowl, I had never listened to them before and was blown away. The only band I've seen with Nick Cave who were on par with him live.
    Man that sure does bring back memories! It was a great show by both artists. It's the last time I remember Spiritualized doing Lay Back In the Sun off Electric Mainline. They closed with Come Together and I still can see J Spaceman tossing his guitar at the end... in fact, here we go!


  8. #18
    1st Scoring Line
    Catman39's Avatar
    Karma: 1019000
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    2,040
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Default

    Just saw Panic! and KISS back to back at the Forum...




    Last edited by Catman39; February 19th, 2019 at 05:38 PM.

  9. #19
    1st Scoring Line
    hokiecat's Avatar
    Karma: 2147483647
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,022
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1308 Post(s)

    Default

    How was Panic!? My wife's students were raving about the great show. I'll have to catch them next time.

  10. #20
    1st Scoring Line
    Catman39's Avatar
    Karma: 1019000
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    2,040
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Default

    Panic was good First time seeing them but my girlfriend loves them.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •