at Center | Los Angeles, CA

Tonight’s Giveaway: Bob Miller Mini-Statue presented by Mercury Insurance

Last Season’s Meetings:

02/10/18 — Kings 3, Lightning 4
    11/09/17 — Ligthning 5, Kings 2

GAME TIME **7:30PM**

TV:**Fox Sports West**

Radio: LA Kings iHeartRadio app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

Desjardins, Muzzin, Campbell 1/1 Postgame Quotes

Read more quotes and articles at Jon Rosen's Blog here

Willie Desjardins, on Jack Campbell’s return to the lineup:

Obviously he had a good night. I think a tough situation coming in, was going to be a tough game. He does a lot of things good, not only saving the puck, he handles the puck well too. I thought he was really solid for us back there, but I expect him to play well. I have a lot of confidence in him.
    Desjardins, on the team’s energy level and the challenges of playing the second game of a back-to-back:
    Well, it looked tough. We’ve played lots of good hockey and tonight we just didn’t have it. You know, we had a couple chances where we had a couple power plays and we just didn’t have any legs on the power play even. It was a game where you could just look at them and the group was tired. That was just the bottom line, we were just tired and we just didn’t have the legs tonight.
    Desjardins, on whether fatigue was specifically a factor in the second period:

I think it showed right from the start. I thought we had a pretty good first period. I thought we hung in there in the first, but our first shifts in the first two, three minutes of the second period, we just didn’t have legs coming out there and you know, they’re a good team. They play smart, they put it behind your D, they make your D turn and you’ve got to give them credit for the way they play, but we just didn’t have the legs.
    Desjardins, on how much more important the special teams battle is when the legs aren’t there:
    Well, special teams battle wouldn’t have even been a factor if it wasn’t for Jack. Like, we weren’t close enough even. But if we would’ve won that battle, we would’ve won the game with that performance, but that’s part of it. Some nights you’re not there and your goalies bail you out and Jack played great tonight and we just couldn’t capitalize.

Desjardins, on whether he’ll sit down and assess where the group is at, being exactly at the halfway point of the season:
    Yeah we always do, but we’ve had some pretty good games. These ten games, it’s not like we’ve been bad. This is a tough night. It’s a tough building to come into, we didn’t have our legs and you know, you always have to be honest and tonight we just didn’t have our legs. You couldn’t judge us on what we had, we just didn’t have our legs.

Jake Muzzin, on Campbell’s performance:

Unreal, unreal. Gave us a chance to be in that game, played his heart out, played aggressive. We’ve got to be better for him.
    Muzzin, on the challenge of amping up the energy for the second game of a back-to-back:
    I mean, back-to-backs, everybody’s got to do them, so we need more from everyone. I don’t think we worked hard enough tonight to give ourselves a chance to win. Obviously didn’t generate much. Power play was slow. It was just a tough game. You know, they did a good job of clogging us through the neutral zone. Tough to get any forecheck momentum or O-zone play. We’ve got to execute better through our neutral zone to give us a better opportunity, but Soup was unreal tonight, so it was good.
    Muzzin, on the added importance of special teams battles when the team is tired:
    That’s when you really want your power play to pot one or maybe two and you want to win that battle. You know, they got one and we didn’t get any, so there’s the game.

Jack Campbell, on how amped up he was to be back in the lineup:

I just missed it. I missed the guys a lot and I missed being out there, so it was nice to be back last night and get out on the bench and watch the boys get a huge win and kind of got me ready to go today. You know, just wanted to get two points, so it’s good to be back, but winning is the most important thing.
    Campbell, on whether he felt dialed in from the start or if it took time to settle in:

I felt kind of brutal actually from the first period. I was kind of like, excited-nervous, like in a good way, but I haven’t felt that excited in awhile. So it took me 20 minutes to kind of get settled in. Felt like I found my game after that, but just needed one more save.
    Campbell, on if the heavy workload helps him stay engaged when he’s feeling “excited-nervous”:
    That’s a good point. I think it helps a lot. It’s tough you know, trying to get the conditioning back, but the only way to do it really is get out there. I thought the guys played hard and starting to feel better each day, so going to try to keep getting better so we win some more games.
    Campbell, on the atmosphere in the building:

I think it’s just a great building. I mean, the fans are amazing, they have a really good team over there. You’ve got to be ready and on your A-game to play well against those guys. I mean, credit to them, they always play well and the fans always show up, so fun building to play in. More fun to win here, so next time hopefully.

Subject To Change

Morning Skate Lines:

Iafallo-Kopitar-Brown
    Leipsic-Carter-Kovalchuk
    Scherbak-Kempe-Toffoli
    Wagner-Thompson-Luff

Forbort-Doughty
    Muzzin-Walker
    Phaneuf-Fantenberg

FORWARDS

Kings Injuries:

Jonny Brodzinski (IR)
    Carl Hagelin (IR)
    Trevor Lewis (IR)
    Alec Martinez (IR)

Lightning Probable Lineup
    (courtesy of www2.dailyfaceoff.com)

FORWARDS

GOALIE COMPARISONS

PLAYER STATS

PACIFIC DIVISION STANDINGS

Today's Poll Question:

Fun Facts: Kucherov has 13 points in his last 4 games. Kopi’s next goal will be his 300th. Quick's next win will be his 300th.
    The question isn’t about that. It’s the same one as last game.

Which Kings player is going to score the FIRST KINGS GOAL of 2019? You can take 4 guesses, (you can also choose “no one in this game” as one of your 4 guesses)

Take your best guesses in your post below.

The only prize is the glory of seeing your name in the next GDT if you get it right.

Previous Poll Winners:

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed I would be repeating the same poll question for this game since the 1st Kings goal of the season was not scored in the previous game:

Hockey53
    TooCool
    Rogie-Vachon
    waynet

Thank you to all who played the 3-Game Bonus Questions, which were apparently much more difficult that I planned. Here are the Bonus Point winners:

Only 1 person correctly guessed the Total Hits at 139 (124-143 to win):

empire

And only 3 posters guessed that the most points over the 3 games would be scored by Nate Schmidt, with 4 total points:

hokiecat
    jammer06
    forum gold

THANK YOU TO JAMMER for totaling up all the winners for me!! He deserves his King of the Mountain status.

Poll Win Totals

Kings Of The Mountain with 18 points.

jammer06
    srm1105

17 points

AngelEyes
    LeftyKing

15 points

hokiecat
    Rusty
    Stormy2213

14 points

beedee
    Craig22929

13 points

DRGinLBC
    empire
    forum gold
    Liz4LA

12 points

Chateau Bow Wow
    John a90
    notbob
    pray4mojo
    Sevenhole
    TooCool

11 points

beady eye
    CIrvine
    CUP4LA
    KHenry14
    MaxwellSmart
    Rogie-Vachon
    rozzy
    VegasHockey
    waynet

10 points

Moog
    NotherCastle

9 points

hornman
    Puckmastert

8 points

ChilledAgua
    Krussadams
    LAKingSteve
    Nyssa42
    Rawley19

7 points

05/29/93
    dannybuoy1
    Hkyfmly

6 points

chaingunsofdoom
    FAN4LIFE
    GALLY

5 points

Cross Traffic
    Helvetica
    Hockey53

4 points

cokingsfan
    deathb4dux
    Ice24
    vindogla

3 points

darby
    Histiking
    RoS
    SirJW
    Troyvsc
    Zombitar

Bet your karma in geogirl’s KARMA BETTING THREAD HERE

Any suggestions, pics, poll questions, etc. - email me at lgknyssa42@gmail.com

Photos courtesy of nhl.com.
    Last edited by Nyssa42; January 3rd, 2019 at 01:56 PM.

The Dolphin is Not Amused
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2112 Post(s)

Those Bob Miller Mini-Statues are really chocolate statues wrapped in foil? Right? Right?

jammer's overlord
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2813 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by orpheus View Post
    Those Bob Miller Mini-Statues are really chocolate statues wrapped in foil? Right? Right?
    geo should make a karma betting thread about how tall they are going to be. I'm thinking around 3"....it says MINI statue, so not even bobble-head sized is my guess. Although, I guess it needs to be large enough to put the Mercury Insurance logo on it somewhere.

If you're gonna stop me, you're gonna have to whack me - Jim Fox 1/5/19

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    353 Post(s)

I'll say again, Brown Kovalchuk Luff Iafallo. It can't be no one again, it just can't.

Go Kings Go!

And damn, I'd love to get a 3 foot chocolate statue of Bob Miller. Oh wait, 3 inches. That's not so impressive.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    542 Post(s)

Thanks Nyssa for the GDT,and my4 guesses are,Iafallo,Wagner,Luff,and the famous one of them all "no one this game"

Luc says: how you doin'?
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    802 Post(s)

Brown, Kopi, Kovalchuk, or Luff.

The Missing LWer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)

Luff Carter Brown Phaneuf

Classic player
    Images
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3977 Post(s)

Thanks, Susan et al.

The leading scorer on the Kings has 1/2 the total points amassed by the second leading scorer on the Lightning. The talent gap separating these 2 squads is more like an ocean.

GKG!!! Címon! Surprise me!

It's
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    128 Post(s)

Muzzin, Kovalchik, Toffoli, or Luff.

They're a finesse team.
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)