Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hokiecat View Post
    Doughty > Muzzin but Muzzin has had the best year of any Kings skater. He's played very well over the past month and is one of the few players to not have a stretch of total craptastic play this season.

And I still think Muzzin with salary retained gets an absolute ransom. I'm curious what Toronto would give for Muzzin + 50% retained. So 1.3 years of Muzzin at 2M per season. That's adding a top-4 guy for a pair of Cup runs at minimal salary. Can you get Liljegren + a first? Kapanen + 1st? Sandin + 1st? Probably more if you think about what Tampa paid for McDonagh and Miller.
    Muzzin is already a bargain at $4 million. Kings can (SHOULD) get a good return (1st rounder + very good prospect, to start) without retaining a dime. And if the idea is to shed salary (hint: it is), then it makes no sense to retain money on a Muzzin deal.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    766 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssa42 View Post
    Do only old people like colors now or something???
    I had to deal with enough black and white TV as a kid...all color all the time for me.

All Star
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2029 Post(s)

Color-less jerseys are just plain dumb.

I know they want a cash grab, but at least make it look good.

I would just like to see each player in their team's jersey.....then one team plays in the "color" version of their team's jersey and the other team plays in the "white" version of their teams jersey.
    No need for a special "All Star Jersey"....just put an all star patch on the shoulder.

All Star
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    585 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Blando View Post
    Doughty has still been the best player on the team.
    He's the valedictorian of summer school...

Now on the 1st tee...
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    489 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LAKingSteve View Post
    I had to deal with enough black and white TV as a kid...all color all the time for me.
    Those bands around the arms and bottom resemble the TV screen after the National Anthem / Waving Flag, "end of the broadcast day" tag concluded. All that's missing is the white noise.

Maybe this is paving the way for "film noir" hockey. I love those old movies, with their distinctive, stylized look. The Kings / NHL desperately need more imaginative lighting, though, to effectively pull it off. At least the part of the stiff has already been cast. So there's that.

If the puck is too difficult to pick up onscreen, they can just bring back the glow puck!