Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

That glow puck was annoying back in the 90's and it's even worse today. Looks like the glow puck was only shown during intermission replays, probably because they didn't have the real puck and only could do it in post production.
    The Kings are terrible this season and president Luc is turning the hockey atmosphere into a 11 year olds birthday party. What's next, donkey hockey, clowns tying balloons, and jumpy houses for the hipsters? My buddy keeps asking me to take him to his first Kings/hockey game, but I'm embarrassing to bring him to a Kings game. The only good that came out of 90's night, was remembering the good ol days of hockey, not this Mary Poppins s*** of today.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    690 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
    so, you're mad if they showed the glow-pick..... and you're mad that they didn't show it.

mm-k
    Not to be a jerk, but I think you missed the point of peoples complaints.

The precursor hype lied about having the fox Puck tracker in the first place--when they showed it it was actually a cheesy post-production recreation that let down the Nostalgia it was supposed to inspire.

Next, when confronted why they weren't showing the stupid thing to begin with during the game ( as expected and rightfully so) Faust's lame excuse was "well, there's no need to have it anymore because coverage is in HD." This effectively negated the whole lame premise and begs the question why the hell did they even pull this publicity stunt to begin with?? Especially in a media-savvy tv production town like LA...

Overall, this whole puck tracker debacle seems like a dumb idea in passing silly pitch meeting a few days ago that they didn't bother to follow through on. The Fox hosts. LUC and co got caught with their pants down with this cheap post-production parlor trick/switch and bait to get eyeballs on the screen.

Had fox and TV crew simply mentioned the fox Puck tracker in jest during intermission and showed the effect for a cheap thrill, and throw back to nostalgia, fans would have chuckled, but instead they hyped it up like it was the real thing and fell flat.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

I love how nobody in this thread actually read the article, where they explicitly explain that glow puck will not be shown during live action.

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1318 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInARoom View Post
    I love how nobody in this thread actually read the article, where they explicitly explain that glow puck will not be shown during live action.
    The beef with it was the fact that they didn't disclose that during the promos/hype leading up to the game.

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1009 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beedee View Post
    The beef with it was the fact that they didn't disclose that during the promos/hype leading up to the game.
    I remember Jim and Alex talking about it on the air when they were talking about the 90s Night coming up. Granted, I don't think they said it was just during intermission or details like that, but I do remember them taking about it prior to that night.
    "And then scoring three goals on the power play to really shove it up their butts was really awesome." -Drew Doughty, January 2nd, 2018 @ EDM post-game quote.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    690 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInARoom View Post
    Nice asterisk. Who even knew there was a press release to read? I think everyone is basing their knowledge of the promotion based on what fox and Faust says on The Telecast leading up to this.

Registered Redophile
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    546 Post(s)

I was hoping for a goal line challenge with the glow puck... Perhaps the best use of it...red...not over...blue...over... It's so simple maybe an Ucks fan can understand it...but I doubt even then...

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wupmasta2000 View Post
    I could have sworn he said something about HDTVs making it impossible.
    I still have an old CRT in the depths of a storage closet. I'll bust it out every drunken now and again to play some Duck Hunt.

Yes, my NES still works.