Truancy Officer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    111 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reg or Rog? View Post
    Jesus...you guys are brutal. And speaking of Jesus...I feel like I've just been crucified.

Anyway, I'm a Kings fan...a frustrated Kings fan...been a rough couple of years. But I've stuck with the team through thick and thin...since 1967.

And as I've mentioned here, ad nauseam, I saw at the Miracle on Manchester and the Frenzy on Fig (my birthday), the first two Stanley Cup games in the west coast...even the forgotten Royal Rebound in 2007:

https://www.nhl.com/kings/news/the-f...bound/c-787187

I've been here for all of it...the good the bad and the ugly.

As for the Ducks...sigh...one of my girlfriends was a Ducks fan (I KNOW...weak excuse) , so I took her down there and watched them a few times. The arena was fairly bland...nice and clean...but it looks like the mall in Santa Anita...perfect vanilla atmosphere for the OC. Deep down I hated the Ducks...and not just because the hoisted the Cup first (which almost drove me insane). I hated everything Orange County (and still do).

But over the years I became a Getzlaf fan. So there's that. And as for rooting for the Sharks: Not. Gonna. Happen. I lived and worked in the Bay Area for years...and there's no way I root for the team. I'll watch soccer first.

Yeah, the Ducks are sinking fast. It's been strange, watching both teams flounder. Lots of similarities. But at least the Kings are trending upwards. And the Ducks are drowning.
    You think those replies were brutal? Pffft, you should have been dragged so much harder for posting this gem alone "In the meantime, it's been, um, interesting rooting for the Ducks. I never thought that would happen. But i need my hockey, dammit! And tonight they're leading the Pens 4-3 at the second intermission. Yep, FOUR GOALS after two periods, or the equivalent of a week's worth for the Kings. "
    Honestly, who cares about how you feel about the Sharks? I'm sure if you watched them a little more, you would be posting here about how much you admire Joe Pavelski and that you watch them because your cousin's mechanic knows Arturs Irbe or some weird justification.
    Again, you can enjoy watching 'neutral' games without jumping in and full on rooting for a rival. Just don't expect us to pat you on the back when you own up to being a crummy fan today, after telling us what a big fan you've been for so many years.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3458 Post(s)

Wow this original post has not aged well. They went 2-10 since posting and the goal differential has been... Wow

jammer's overlord
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2849 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssa42 View Post
    aaanddd....now you've killed the Ducks, too. I think we all know who to blame for the Kings woes now.
    Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    Wow this original post has not aged well. They went 2-10 since posting and the goal differential has been... Wow
    Mine, on the other hand, was rather prophetic.

If you're gonna stop me, you're gonna have to whack me - Jim Fox 1/5/19

Stanley Cup Champions !!
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    490 Post(s)

OP, that's just poor form. If the Dodgers were the WORST team in the league I still would NEVER root for the giants.
    I sat through the very bad years of the Kings and only came out stronger for it. (and finally rewarded!) But I will watch youth hockey before I watch the ducks.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1189 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    Can the OP please start rooting for the Leafs? Apparently he /she has an evil team killing super power. The Leafs fans have been intolerable around Tavares signed there and it would be nice for that Muzzin pick to be better. So give up on Anaheim and root for Toronto.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    500 Post(s)

I'll tell you what, Blake should be talking to Randy Carlisle for the head coaching position. He's just the kind of coach this team needs. Who, outside of the existing org, knows more about this team than Carlisle?

Stanley Cup Champions !!
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    490 Post(s)

I know a LOT of Leafs fans who say don't touch Randy Carlyle

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3458 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trapper9 View Post
    I know a LOT of Leafs fans who say don't touch Randy Carlyle
    Oh they wanna touch him..... Alot.... With heavy items

All Star
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2065 Post(s)

Methinks Randy is headed back to the Manitoba Moose, once again.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2163 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by salami View Post
    I'll tell you what, Blake should be talking to Randy Carlisle for the head coaching position. He's just the kind of coach this team needs. Who, outside of the existing org, knows more about this team than Carlisle?
    Would love Randy as the coach of this team!