Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Bar room hero
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    891 Post(s)

On occasion I have watched the Ducks, by going to a game that someone gave me tix to, but I always try to by a hat or shirt of the opposing team so I can root against them.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    704 Post(s)

Nhl.tv has been a solid purchase the last 2 years. Bottom line: I'm a hockey fan, not just a kings fan.

It's great to watch exciting Nhl caliber hockey nightly, especially when our boys are scoring 1 goal or less often.

It's a joy watching Matthews, Goudreau, Kucherov, McDavid and Ovechkin work their magic. I can only pray we get a player of this offensive pedigree one day.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    704 Post(s)

By the way, it's great to watch the ducks lose too! I believe the term is schadenfreude. Although I'm a fan of hockey I could never cheer for the Ducks, not possible... no self-respecting adult should.

I grew a Fatmanchu.
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    224 Post(s)

I guess Iíve always been a pucksexual because I have NHL.tv and donít mind getting dirty with any and every team. My standards are so low I even dabble with the AZ Coyotes

Livin' in God's Country
    Images
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    59 Post(s)

I thought I heard it all on this site, now people watching the Ducks (other than to see them lose), what's next...I thought this was a Kings Fan(?) site!?

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    222 Post(s)

Jesus...you guys are brutal. And speaking of Jesus...I feel like I've just been crucified.

Anyway, I'm a Kings fan...a frustrated Kings fan...been a rough couple of years. But I've stuck with the team through thick and thin...since 1967.

And as I've mentioned here, ad nauseam, I saw at the Miracle on Manchester and the Frenzy on Fig (my birthday), the first two Stanley Cup games in the west coast...even the forgotten Royal Rebound in 2007:

https://www.nhl.com/kings/news/the-f...bound/c-787187

I've been here for all of it...the good the bad and the ugly.

As for the Ducks...sigh...one of my girlfriends was a Ducks fan (I KNOW...weak excuse) , so I took her down there and watched them a few times. The arena was fairly bland...nice and clean...but it looks like the mall in Santa Anita...perfect vanilla atmosphere for the OC. Deep down I hated the Ducks...and not just because the hoisted the Cup first (which almost drove me insane). I hated everything Orange County (and still do).

But over the years I became a Getzlaf fan. So there's that. And as for rooting for the Sharks: Not. Gonna. Happen. I lived and worked in the Bay Area for years...and there's no way I root for the team. I'll watch soccer first.

Yeah, the Ducks are sinking fast. It's been strange, watching both teams flounder. Lots of similarities. But at least the Kings are trending upwards. And the Ducks are drowning.

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1327 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reg or Rog? View Post
    Jesus...you guys are brutal. And speaking of Jesus...I feel like I've just been crucified.

Anyway, I'm a Kings fan...a frustrated Kings fan...been a rough couple of years. But I've stuck with the team through thick and thin...since 1967.

And as I've mentioned here, ad nauseam, I saw at the Miracle on Manchester and the Frenzy on Fig (my birthday), the first two Stanley Cup games in the west coast...even the forgotten Royal Rebound in 2007:

As for the Ducks...sigh...one of my girlfriends was a Ducks fan (I KNOW...weak excuse) , so I took her down there and watched them a few times. The arena was fairly bland...nice and clean...but it looks like the mall in Santa Anita...perfect vanilla atmosphere for the OC. Deep down I hated the Ducks...and not just because the hoisted the Cup first (which almost drove me insane). I hated everything Orange County (and still do).

But over the years I became a Getzlaf fan. So there's that. And as for rooting for the Sharks: Not. Gonna. Happen. I lived and worked in the Bay Area for years...and there's no way I root for the team. I'll watch soccer first.

Yeah, the Ducks are sinking fast. It's been strange, watching both teams flounder. Lots of similarities. But at least the Kings are trending upwards. And the Ducks are drowning.
    You do you man. Don't sweat the people that are giving you crap.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    156 Post(s)

Time for you to get back in the closet

My goal is to stop yours
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    143 Post(s)

Yeah 2K7 was brutal. I kicked a sales rep out of my office that year when he came in really excited wanting to tell me who he had just met at a restaurant. When I ask him who he tells me Corey Perry, to which I exclaimed, "Get the ***** out of my office, and no, I'm not kidding!!" I was legitimately pissed, as it was August, and they had just won. He looked like a deer caught in the headlights, but did leave. I apologized later, and we're still friends (:

Seriously, it's about hockey first and foremost. Who the ***** doesn't love the game that Getzlaf brings? He scores, fights, and is a great team player. He put the ducks on his back to come back from 3-0 against Edmonton in the playoffs a few years ago, and it was brilliant to watch.

Oddly enough, my hate too has turned North to the Sharks, and less to the South.

The great thing about the Kings this year is that they've got nowhere to go but up!
    Last edited by STONE; January 18th, 2019 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Typo recognized after I posted. The was spelled tbe

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    207 Post(s)

Still watching the Ducks? Exciting times