1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    280 Post(s)

Default Confession of a Kings Fan: Coming Out of the Closet

Now that I've found the courage to finally do this, it's harder than I thought it would be. But here goes...

...I...I...I've been watching the Ducks. Yep the Anaheim Ducks. I feel so dirty. And listening to Dumb and Dumber do the broadcast has dropped my IQ by approximately 22 points...heck listening to Brian Heyward alone has cost me about 15 points and few million brain cells.

But seriously, as a hockey fan I have no choice. I can't go on without some form of hockey. And as for the Kings I have no freakin' idea what they are playing. They look like a bunch of garage league players drinking beer while they skate. This has become embarrassing.

As for the Ducks, they are having many of the same problems as the Kings...most notably putting the puck in the net...but they have been more competitive and entertaining. And I really like Getz and their goalie. I don't speak of Corey Perry. When he recovers from knee surgery, I'll probably stop watching the Ducks again.

In the meantime, it's been, um, interesting rooting for the Ducks. I never thought that would happen. But i need my hockey, dammit! And tonight they're leading the Pens 4-3 at the second intermission. Yep, FOUR GOALS after two periods, or the equivalent of a week's worth for the Kings.

And I've been watching the NBC broadcast too. I haven't given up on the KIngs completely, but it wood take a miracle to sniff the playoffs this season, which is too bad. We have a couple of decent goalies. But not much else.

Okay time to watch the third period....I can't believe I'm doing this.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3583 Post(s)

Why limit yourself though? East coast hockey has been so much more fun. If you want to stay west coast Vegas has a far superior product. Or are you just a sucker for hard cases?

Hobo with a slapshot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    143 Post(s)

I'm watching this game right now as well, but I'm certainly not rooting for Orange Co.
    Shake yourself man.

jammer's overlord
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2948 Post(s)

aaanddd....now you've killed the Ducks, too. I think we all know who to blame for the Kings woes now.

If you're gonna stop me, you're gonna have to whack me - Jim Fox 1/5/19

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    280 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssa42 View Post
    aaanddd....now you've killed the Ducks, too. I think we all know who to blame for the Kings woes now.
    Yep, pretty much. Even worse Tanner Pearson scored twice in the 3rd to bascialty seal the game.

So much for me being a good luck charm. I feel like I'm in hockey hell.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    280 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    Why limit yourself though? East coast hockey has been so much more fun. If you want to stay west coast Vegas has a far superior product. Or are you just a sucker for hard cases?
    Yeah...I lived in DC for a couple years, so I'm rooting for the Caps and Oshie. So refreshing watching a team that can score. Great to see Ovie finally hoist the Cup, too. Also enjoy watching the Pens. And Tampa. God...any team that can put the puck in the net. It's like the SoCal teams forgot how to play.

But no matter what happens, I will NEVER root for the Sharts. And if I ever find myself doing so, I'm jumping off one of those bridges up there.

Jerseys need purple
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    380 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reg or Rog? View Post
    Yeah...I lived in DC for a couple years, so I'm rooting for the Caps and Oshie. So refreshing watching a team that can score. Great to see Ovie finally hoist the Cup, too. Also enjoy watching the Pens. And Tampa. God...any team that can put the puck in the net. It's like the SoCal teams forgot how to play.

But no matter what happens, I will NEVER root for the Sharts. And if I ever find myself doing so, I'm jumping off one of those bridges up there.
    That's funny.... I would root for the Sharks 7 days a week and twice on Sunday before rooting for the Ducks.

Dorkus Malorkus
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    506 Post(s)

I like watching the Ducks too. Watching them lose....last night was a classic.

jom

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    831 Post(s)

Really don't care to watch the Ducks at all. They aren't playing that much better or more interesting where I want to subject my ears to d-bag Haywad.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1283 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LAKingSteve View Post
    Really don't care to watch the Ducks at all. They aren't playing that much better or more interesting where I want to subject my ears to d-bag Haywad.
    Agreed. The Ducks suck too. Tampa, Washington, Nashville, Winnipeg, and even slumping Colorado are fun to watch.