Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I don't rattle, kid.
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2350 Post(s)

Keep in mind that forward prospects generally develop earlier than they did even 10 years ago so if Blake handles this rebuild correctly we could be a Playoff team with a bright future in 3-4 seasons right after the next lockout. Dion and Kovalchuk will be off the books and Brown & Carter will be on the final year of their contracts in 21-22. So even if the next lockout doesn’t give management a get out of jail free card we’ll be nearing the end of the deals on the oldest and most overpaid players on the roster.

Over the hill Kopitar and Doughty could conceivably help the next wave become contenders.

I don't rattle, kid.
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2350 Post(s)

Aslo I wonder if Blake is demanding Edmonton’s 1st and Puljujärvi for Muzzin. I can live with that. The Finn has a lot of warts but he’s young and needs minutes. LA might be the perfect situation for him.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    329 Post(s)

Buy low and sell high. Muzzin's stock has never been higher. All kidding aside about everything being his fault, his developed into a great D-man, and has a Cup to boot. It's time to trade him.

Just... just listen.
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1000 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
    I don't know how, but if anyone can do it...
    As I typed it, I thought, "They'll probably find a way to finish behind Seattle. And they'll still end up drafting 5th."

"Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about."
    "It's understanding that makes it possible for people like us to tolerate a person like yourself."

RANGZ
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1537 Post(s)

Kings need to learn from the Ottawa mess with Karlsson. That extra year makes all the difference in the world. From a sentimental view, keeping Muzzin makes sense. From an organizational perspective, Muzzin has to be moved. Same with Martinez.
    But don't take a bunch of nickels and dimes. A single prime asset, not b prospect and 2nd rd pick.
    Kubrick
    The Kings roster is like a late stage game of Tetris. What they really need is a long skinny piece but all we keep getting are Kyle Clifford and Nate Thompson shaped blocks.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    498 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kubrick View Post
    Keep in mind that forward prospects generally develop earlier than they did even 10 years ago so if Blake handles this rebuild correctly we could be a Playoff team with a bright future in 3-4 seasons right after the next lockout. Dion and Kovalchuk will be off the books and Brown & Carter will be on the final year of their contracts in 21-22. So even if the next lockout doesn’t give management a get out of jail free card we’ll be nearing the end of the deals on the oldest and most overpaid players on the roster.

Over the hill Kopitar and Doughty could conceivably help the next wave become contenders.
    Of course, anything can happen, but I doubt there will be a work stoppage. There will be some tweaks to the current CBA, but play will go on.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1189 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aaron View Post
    Kings need to learn from the Ottawa mess with Karlsson. That extra year makes all the difference in the world. From a sentimental view, keeping Muzzin makes sense. From an organizational perspective, Muzzin has to be moved. Same with Martinez.
    But don't take a bunch of nickels and dimes. A single prime asset, not b prospect and 2nd rd pick.
    I agree with you but think you are undervalue Muzzin. I think he's worth a first and a quality prospect. McDonagh fetched a similar amount in the trade with Miller that netted multiple picks and two highly regarded prospects. For folks like Martinez, Carter, etc I think the return will be lower and I totally concur with you that I'd rather ask for the single prime asset.

Keeper of Dewy's teeth
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1053 Post(s)

IMO the comparison to make is the Sekera trade. A solid D for a #1 and Rollie McKeown, who has barely played in the NHL. So it makes sense that Muzzin would garner a similar haul.

Super Sexy
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1758 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aaron View Post
    It’s early, and that’s why the price is high. It should stay high, these aren’t pure rentals.

If it helps to get a deal done, or to increase the return, eat half the cap hit on all of them.
    We’re likely not contending next year anyway, might as well maximize the value.

Under no circumstances should we be taking any contract back for longer than this year.

Time to clean out the barn, and play the kids regardless of the score or the standings.
    at the draft party a couple of years ago, and under a considerable haze, i heard Birdman yell out the following (about 4 or 5 times, i think) - "don't marry yourselves to players!" he went on to reiterate that idea more than once on the boards, and i believe it to be absolutely sage.

---gescom

Support the Fans
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    430 Post(s)

Islanders may be in the mix for Muzzin and or Martinez.

https://nypost.com/2019/01/19/dont-b...rade-deadline/