Sausage King of Chicago
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3129 Post(s)

Default LeBrun: Asking price for Muzzin is 1st + prospect

Itís a high price but it should be. The 29-year-old is a top-notch defenseman and heís signed for another season next year at a reasonable $4-million cap hit. I think contending teams are hoping that the price lowers closer to Feb. 25. But keep in mind, the Kings donít have the move the guy. They like him, too.
    https://theathletic.com/773227/2019/...ing-price-set/ (paywall)

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    704 Post(s)

I'd take a 1st, but our problem on this team isn't Muzz and we would be worse without him. Any trade that gets Dion and Forbort on the ice more is terrifying.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    781 Post(s)

I think that's a reasonable ask. He's a top 4 on most teams. That being said, how many folks want him gone? I'd prefer to keep him and Doughty as vet D men and let them mentor the younger guys. I'd be sad to see Amart leave (as would my daughter), but I think he's a prime candidate to go. That being said, Muzz may get the highest return so I would not be surprised if he's gone.

Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4886 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MiketheKing View Post
    I'd take a 1st, but our problem on this team isn't Muzz and we would be worse without him. Any trade that gets Dion and Forbort on the ice more is terrifying.
    Can't get worse than worst.

He HAS to go.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2160 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MiketheKing View Post
    Does it really matter at this point? Muzz will most likely not be around when the Kings are able to get back into the mix. We are talking 5-6 seasons from now. In that time, both Dion and Forbort will also not be on the team but at the very least they will have at least a 1st round pick and who knows what will happen there?

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2160 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LAKingSteve View Post
    I think that's a reasonable ask. He's a top 4 on most teams. That being said, how many folks want him gone? I'd prefer to keep him and Doughty as vet D men and let them mentor the younger guys. I'd be sad to see Amart leave (as would my daughter), but I think he's a prime candidate to go. That being said, Muzz may get the highest return so I would not be surprised if he's gone.

I agree that he would be able to mentor some of the younger players but keeping him around to be a defensemen and mentor on a bottom dweller team might not be best for the organization.

Just... just listen.
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1000 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ice24 View Post
    Does it really matter at this point? Muzz will most likely not be around when the Kings are able to get back into the mix. We are talking 5-6 seasons from now. In that time, both Dion and Forbort will also not be on the team but at the very least they will have at least a 1st round pick and who knows what will happen there?
    Not only that, with one year left on his contract, trading him means the Kings won't have to give him a raise starting season after next. In fact, trading him now means his new team has all summer to work out an extension.

And, like other have said, the team's already in the sh***er. It's not like the team's competing for a playoff spot or something. It's not like the team can fall lower in the standings.

"Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about."
    "It's understanding that makes it possible for people like us to tolerate a person like yourself."

All Star
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2065 Post(s)

Do it!

Sausage King of Chicago
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3129 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darby View Post
    It's not like the team can fall lower in the standings.
    I don't know how, but if anyone can do it...

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1187 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LAKingSteve View Post
    I want him gone. And I'm a big Muzzin fan (even own a game worn jersey of his from the stadium game). But let's be honest here, the Kings have zero chance of making the playoffs this year. Next season is TBD but I don't see us as a Tampa, Nashville, Winnipeg, Washington type contender. After that, he's walking unless we open the vault for a 30 year old who is top 4. IMO, the smart asset management is to sell now even though we don't really have anyone to replace Muzzin at present.

What if the return from Toronto was a first and Liljegren (who has been passed by the other Rasmus as the Leafs top D prospect)? I'd do that deal in a minute.