2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    401 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
    Why on Earth would you want to keep Muzzin? So after next season the Kings can either sign him, now 31, to a long contract for a hell of a lot more money than he gets now or let him walk away for nothing as a UFA? Or trade him at the deadline next season for a much smaller return than what they can get now?
    I'm find with trading him for a high return. I think he's a hell of a player with a lot of good years left. While you crave to get rid of everyone we can, it's really okay to keep a few good players not named Kopitar or Doughty.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    92 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    then I guess there's only one thing left to do...

Can I get an 80's movie rally clap?

Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4884 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HeadInjury View Post
    I'm find with trading him for a high return. I think he's a hell of a player with a lot of good years left. While you crave to get rid of everyone we can, it's really okay to keep a few good players not named Kopitar or Doughty.
    Not in this case. The pipeline is so thin that every opportunity to get high quality assets must be taken.

Muzzin is the very definition of the type of player a team in the Kings position must move. He still has a full year left at a more than reasonable salary, and the Kings cannot afford to hand out another inflated retirement contract just to retain what they already have, which, after one playoff game won in what will shortly be five years, is clearly not enough.

Muzzin will return a quality prospect and a quality pick. You can't turn that down so you can remain the same.

I advocated trading Carter and Muzzin two years ago because this is exactly where the team was headed. Now Carter may very well be a lost opportunity. Had they taken it two years ago, that remaining cash on his deal would have been a whole hell of a lot more enticing than what's left.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    781 Post(s)

It's entirely possible, but highly unlikely they get a playoff spot. If they an string a few wins together, who knows but honestly, I'd rather they not given there really isn't a chance this team will go far or win a cup.

Defensive forward
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    164 Post(s)

Yes, we're only 8 points out of playoff position with 34 games left, a deficit that realistically could be made up. Just not by this team, not the way they've been playing.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    401 Post(s)

Plus too many teams to pass. All those teams play each other and there's a lot of guaranteed points as a result, not to mention the dreaded 3 point games.

RANGZ
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1537 Post(s)

Please forward to all Kings management.
    Kubrick
    The Kings roster is like a late stage game of Tetris. What they really need is a long skinny piece but all we keep getting are Kyle Clifford and Nate Thompson shaped blocks.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    357 Post(s)

A game like today should be a dose of reality. A few games ago I figured we'd have to win 75% of our remaining games to get a playoff spot. As of now it's 80%. I should say this is based on the 95 points that last year's 8th place team got. This doesn't mean we should quit playing the remaining games. But if we could get some picks or prospects for some of our veterans, we'd be foolish not to.
    Last edited by Dr. Tran; January 20th, 2019 at 04:58 AM.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    127 Post(s)

Please don't give Blake any hope by getting into the playoffs, only to get swept out with a pathetic performance.