Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1063 Post(s)

Default Letter from the Kings - Jan 28, 2019

LA Kings acquire First Round Draft Pick, Two Prospects for Muzzin

We entered this season with high expectations, however our results have been absolutely unacceptable.

Today we began a difficult but necessary step for our franchise. As we move forward, we will continue to relentlessly pursue and develop talent to become a team that is capable of winning in today?s NHL.

We are deeply grateful to all of the players and coaches that have helped us achieve our goals to date. We will never forget, or minimize, their tremendous contributions during what has been the most successful era in LA Kings history.

Moving forward, we will diligently and tirelessly work to execute our vision. Our goal is to deliver performance worthy of your amazing support and loyalty ? and most of all, bring the Stanley Cup back to Los Angeles.

Sincerely,

Luc Robitaille
    President

It's official - they're selling. Let's see how they go from here.

My worry is that they'll make some cuts, but do a half-assed job of it, hanging on to some guys who could still have value, hoping to rebound next season.

"Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about."
    "It's understanding that makes it possible for people like us to tolerate a person like yourself."

Team Melf.
    Images
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    638 Post(s)

Staaaaaaaamkos?
    Support Be the Match through Tanner's site

http://www.bethematchfoundation.org/...&team_id=23513

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2172 Post(s)

Well Luc, I have one question: WHO is to blame for this debacle?

You can't blame Deano. He's been gone a while now.

You knew "the cards" you had to work with when you and your boy Rob came on board.
    So, WHO is to blame for the wasted seasons of couch roulette, poor asset management, and poor deals/trades?

Someone has to be accountable for this.
    The idea that this season's results were some sort of a "surprise" that came out of left field is not going to wash well.
    Astute fans know/knew better.

The idea of "we will diligently and tirelessly work to execute our vision." is pure crap.
    Your "vision" was a DISASTER.

Die Hard
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    115 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post

You knew "the cards" you had to work with when you and your boy Rob came on board.
    So, WHO is to blame for the wasted seasons of couch roulette, poor asset management, and poor deals/trades?

The idea that this season's results were some sort of a "surprise" that came out of left field is not going to wash well.

The idea of "we will diligently and tirelessly work to execute our vision." is pure crap.
    Luc will schedule a news conference to address these issues on our AM radio station soon.

Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5074 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by forum gold View Post
    Luc will schedule a news conference to address these issues on our AM radio station soon.
    As soon as he finds a sponsor.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    835 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Blando View Post
    As soon as he finds a sponsor.
    Free McFlurry's for everyone on the call

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    835 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post

I think you can pin some (maybe a lot) on Dean...he's only been gone since April 2017 and some of the changes he made clearly had a negative impact on the future of this club and made Rob's job that much more difficult. That being said, obviously Rob and Luc have had a very poor start and as you say, the fact that some fans saw this coming and they didn't (or did and wouldn't/couldn't admit it publicly) is what has me most concerned.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

PLEASE trade Quick and Carter at least on or before trade deadline. As much as I love these guys, it is time to move on from the old core and those are 2 who I would like to see win another Cup for all their help bringing us Cups. There is no reason for them to stick around to where the Kings will end up with nothing for them in a return. The Kings have 2 capable goalies who will be perfect for the next 4-5 years.

Toffoli - not sure how he fits in but maybe he might bring a return. Wouldn't be sad if he was traded soon.

Kovy - IMO can likely produce more on a team more offensive minded. Granted, his decline is obvious but I still think a playoff team could use him.

Dion - LMAO. Kings are stuck with him for the next 2 years.

Kopitar and Doughty - My 2 current favorite Kings but how will this work? The Kings need a new face and identity and imo these 2 are at points in their career where they can compete. Maybe Doughty was fed the notion that they still were Cup contenders and he bought into it but after this season maybe he may want a trade? I don't want to see him go but he would bring in the best return unless he can buy into a rebuild and give it his all. As for Kopitar, he isn't fast. He doesn't back off defenders. To me, I honestly don't see him make players around him better like players in the past have (Palffy, Gretzky). How many top 6 wingers have the Kings tried with him? He is the best 2-way forward and has skill. He can score and pass. But not sure if he would fit this path either. His contract though is nuts.

Remember Me?
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    772 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LAKingSteve View Post
    Free McFlurry's for everyone on the call
    One minute... one minute left on the call

All Star
    Images
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    604 Post(s)

I wonder if they'll be able to unload Kovalchuk.