Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    485 Post(s)

For funsies/suspending all logic: Rob hard sells the Flames on Jon. Calgary has an unreal/respectable prospect pool (drool) and would go to the finals with Jon backstopping that team, which is exactly what he needs as motivation to stay healthy and competitive. Mike Smith is 36 & Dave whoever is a admirable back up. It's your move Treliving!!!!

It’s on Calgary to make the math work as far as cap space (three team trade?) And as far as not trading within our conference, blech, it's not like they're going to meet in the playoffs for the rest of Jon's career. And upside: he's gone to a good home.
    Last edited by What party?; January 31st, 2019 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Proofreading is a chore. Lame.

The People's Champion!
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

I wonder if Columbus would do a 1 for 1 deal: Quick for Bob. They would get a quality playoff goalie for a few years, plus, give them a decent asset for Bobrovsky. L.A. would get the extra cap room, knowing Bob would be signing elsewhere. Then, they can rebuild with Campbell, Peterson, etc. Maybe picks or prospects included, as well.

I love Quick, but, don't know if he'd want to play on a rebuilding team in the late stages of his career.
    Last edited by Puckrobber; January 30th, 2019 at 04:52 PM.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    401 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Puckrobber View Post
    I wonder if Columbus would do a 1 for 1 deal: Quick for Bob. They would get a quality playoff goalie for a few years, plus, give them a decent asset for Bobrovsky. L.A. would get the extra cap room, knowing Bob would be signing elsewhere. Then, they can rebuild with Campbell, Peterson, etc. Maybe picks or prospects included, as well.

I love Quick, but, don't know if he'd want to play on a rebuilding team in the late stages of his career.
    Possible, if the Kings could turn around and trade Bobrovsky at the deadline. Otherwise, I think the Kings could do better than just a salary dump. Hoven claims the Kings can get a 1st for Quick. Not that Hoven is gospel but he's graduated beyond being a pure hack like Bernstein.

All Star
    Images
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1665 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    Say Quick says Eff you guys I'm going home, now you get 4 years of 1.8 million recapture penalties, or 3 years at 2.4 if he decides he want that 7 million dollars coming next year but after that he doesn't care to be an LTIR bitch. So you offer to trade him with something like 2 million retained as an incentive to move him. At best he's pulling what, a second round pick and maybe a b level prospect? You want 4 years of 2 million in cap for a 2nd and a maybe?
    How many years are we expecting the rebuild to take? Because I don't see any way this team is competitive in less than 2. So, perhaps, eating some salary and/or recapture is viable.

Super Sexy
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1758 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ice24 View Post
    I would put Doughty out there to see if there are any takers. A huge contract but a team with space on the verge of a run, they might just do it?
    I think people would back up the truck if we were willing to move Doughty. A lot of you really don't understand how valuable he is, and its not based on his statistics.

There is no reason to move him unless the return we're getting is in the Lindros caliber range, and we're confident that we can deal everything that isn't bolted down if we want.
    at the draft party a couple of years ago, and under a considerable haze, i heard Birdman yell out the following (about 4 or 5 times, i think) - "don't marry yourselves to players!" he went on to reiterate that idea more than once on the boards, and i believe it to be absolutely sage.

---gescom

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    498 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gokor84 View Post
    I don't know why everyone puts Toffoli on top of the trade list. We got no true snipers, (Kovy too old doesn't play well with any line). I know he is not scoring much but he gets his chances , he is just snake bit just like any sniper goes through droughts. I keep advocating for Toffoli to play with Kopitar. They are both similar in style as they like to set up plays via cycling and not off the rush. Iafallo could be the horse on that line retrieving and tipping pucks. I know they played together for short amount of time. Hopefully Aaron has some analytical stats on them that he can share. Now that Muzzin is gone why cant WD play DD with Martinez for few games. He is pretty smart on breakouts and much more capable than forbort. I remember when Muzzin and DD would crush the competition when paired together. I feel like DD is rotting with Forbort as an anchor.
    For whatever reason, his entire game is off. He used to be money exiting the d-zone along the RW wall, either by making it available to his centre or chipping it up and out. He has been woefully inefficient at it this season.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    962 Post(s)

Toffoli - as long as they donít sell low with him like Pearson.
    Quick- sell low before he comes unmoveable
    Amart-if you can get a package like Muzzin is do it
    Kovy/haglien- will give away for free

RANGZ
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1537 Post(s)

Quick to Carolina makes sense if Kings take back Darling plus a 2nd rd pick or 2. Or St Louis with JAllen + picks coming back. See if the Kings goalie coaches can work their magic.

Trading Toffoli now would be selling low. Kings should hope for a bounce back.
    Same with AMart. Kings really need to showcase him. His numbers are way down the last 2 seasons.

Nothing else gets any real return. (3rd rd pick or better)
    Kubrick
    The Kings roster is like a late stage game of Tetris. What they really need is a long skinny piece but all we keep getting are Kyle Clifford and Nate Thompson shaped blocks.

Stanley Cup Champions !!
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    490 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Helvetica View Post
    How many years are we expecting the rebuild to take? Because I don't see any way this team is competitive in less than 2. So, perhaps, eating some salary and/or recapture is viable.
    2-3. Hughes or Kakko this draft, LaFreniere the next. Rebuid done.

Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4884 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Helvetica View Post
    Depends on the expectations. Just collecting picks and prospects is no guarantee of success, especially since the developmental aspect of the organization has been suspect over the last few years.

If the goal is to develop a group of players capable of thriving in the speed game, you can collect them in a few years - JAD, Kupari, Thomas, Clague are in that vein. Grundstrom is now as well.

The key is that you have to have the assets to not only grow, but to have an excess of them that can comfortably be dealt at the right time when a weakness can be identified and improved. Right now, the Kings cannot afford to trade any cost controlled assets. Stay on this path, and that abundance can be achieved in another two years.

However, if a Cup contender is the expectation, I don't see that as being reasonable for quite some time. They won't get anywhere near a Cup again until they do go through this tough part, and the good news is that this has started.

It's like right now is getting a diagnosis from a doctor that you need a knee surgery. Yeah, you used to be able to run a marathon, then it hurt but you wouldn't go see the doc, and soldiered on in pain hoping it would improve on its own. You realized it won't, went in, got the bad news, and have to brace yourself for a surgery, a long rehab and hopefully if you work hard enough, get a little bit of good fortune, maybe you will be right back where you were.

In that scenario, the last four years have been dealing with the pain, hoping it would get better on it's own. This trade deadline is the doctors diagnosis, growing the picks is the rehab, and Kovalchuk is the $3000 your dumbass spent on trendy track shoes that will be out of style when you are finally able to run again.