Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 470

Thread: 2019 Trade Deadline Thread

  1. #131
    All Star
    Helvetica's Avatar
    Karma: 1048492647
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,092
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1687 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FAN4LIFE View Post
    The problem with that is we’re in a rebuild... they need quantity not 10 spots... would have been better to take a lower pick and keep the 5th.. big miss by Blake... add that to the Pearson Trade and the WD hiring... he’s slipping...
    I'm not sure i'd call it a big miss, but i see your point. At this point, i'd say Blake is just looking to extract value from anywhere he can.

    Quote Originally Posted by FAN4LIFE View Post
    For what? Season almost over... can’t carry cap space to next year...

    At this point, the only reason you miiiight want cap space is if you're planning to take on a ****ty contract for picks. If that doesn't happen, then yeah... doesn't count for ****.

  2. #132
    All Star
    Moog's Avatar
    Karma: 2127747647
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,476
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2171 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingrussell View Post
    We did gain a little cap space and I think that was the main purpose.
    The main purpose was to get "something" rather than nothing, as he was a UFA in July.

    Kings need picks/prospects not cap room.

  3. #133
    2 Late to Change My Name
    HeadInjury's Avatar
    Karma: 2007862
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    451 Post(s)

    Default

    I think it's a salary dump, but if Thompson was just going to ride the pine the team may have wanted to do him a solid and get him on a playoff bound team. Thompson is trying to earn a contract for next year. The trade is a big deal for him if not us.

  4. #134
    Concussed Villain
    Mondo Blando's Avatar
    Karma: 7341204
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    11,758
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5074 Post(s)

    Default

    Thompson was in Amadio's way. Absolutely no reason to bring him back on a new deal, therefore any upgrade is a good one.

  5. #135
    Time wounds all heels.
    Stormy2213's Avatar
    Karma: 3557905
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,049
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)

    Default

    There isn't a single problem with this trade whatsoever. They swapped a 5th for a 4th. That's a good deal. Thompson is superfluous to this trade.

  6. #136
    2nd Scoring Line
    rozzy's Avatar
    Karma: 1185558
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    621
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    197 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    The main purpose was to get "something" rather than nothing, as he was a UFA in July.

    Kings need picks/prospects not cap room.
    Picks and prospect can only do so much. Kings need cap room just as much as prospects

  7. #137
    1st Scoring Line
    kingnut's Avatar
    Karma: 1199362
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    1,920
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    94 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Blando View Post
    Thompson was in Amadio's way. Absolutely no reason to bring him back on a new deal, therefore any upgrade is a good one.

    ^^, as I said b4, frees up a roster spot for a kid!!!!

  8. #138
    All Star
    Ice24's Avatar
    Karma: 1253000
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    8,899
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2215 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FAN4LIFE View Post
    The problem with that is we?re in a rebuild... they need quantity not 10 spots... would have been better to take a lower pick and keep the 5th.. big miss by Blake... add that to the Pearson Trade and the WD hiring... he?s slipping...
    Pearson was solid with the Kings this season???

  9. #139
    The Dolphin is Not Amused
    orpheus's Avatar
    Karma: 2407134
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    24,236
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2330 Post(s)

    Default

    No more of this trade Oscar Fantenberg talk or you'll have to answer to me!!!!!

  10. #140
    The Missing LWer
    FAN4LIFE's Avatar
    Karma: 25005000
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,728
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ice24 View Post
    Pearson was solid with the Kings this season???
    Not about this season, Blake traded a young former first round pick for An aging UFA... he better be able to flip Hagelin for something otherwise he lost Pearson a young former first round pick for NOTHING...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •