Just... just listen.
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1000 Post(s)

Remember those player segments they ran during the 2011/12 thru 2014/15 seasons?

With, like, Brown chewing nails in his workout bunker 40 feet underground?

Or with Willie Mitchell lifting a truck onto another truck so he could pick up both trucks over his head when he was working out in the gym from Rocky 3?

Or with Matt Greene ripping steel plates in half like tissue paper as he hiked through the Angeles National Forest while wrapped in raw beef steaks so he could fight off the occasional bear or cougar?

That must be why the team was winning then! They weren't acting like millionaires living the beach life when they went home!

Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4887 Post(s)

You guys watch that stuff?

I mean, that's what remotes are for, right? I would rather catch three minutes of Law and Order than waste any time on those puff pieces. Though, I usually end up staying with Law and Order and missing the 2nd and 3rd periods...

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1189 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Blando View Post

I mean, that's what remotes are for, right? I would rather catch three minutes of Law and Order than waste any time on those puff pieces. Though, I usually end up staying with Law and Order and missing the 2nd and 3rd periods...
    Teddy Talks is incredible. I cannot believe that a station in a major metro area green lighted that segment. It's like FSW was trying to save money and purchased the cheapest programming they could find.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    783 Post(s)

Apparently, everyone is now tired of everything Kings related

Trade Everyone!
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    132 Post(s)

I don't really mind these segments. Kinda cool to get a look at the player's lives. Not gonna lie, I'm dreaming of the beach right now considering it's -35 degrees where I live right now.

Bring Chips, That's a 20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MiketheKing View Post
    I don't know about you, but I'm sick and tired of seeing our Players casually enjoying beach life with their hot wives relaxing on the beach during intermission segments. Why on Earth do the fans want to see a LAST PLACE team's players casually living it up on the beach. IMHO this is re-instilling the LA is a great place to live for millionaire athletes vibe and that's not the message we want. Lombardi had a plan, created a culture and reversed that thinking by FORCING QUICK to take that "Palm Trees in the SUN" back helmet plate off because that is not the message we're trying to send to the hockey world. Luc was brought in to be Mr. Hollywood and this is not a good thing when you're in Last place. Sure, players are going to go to the beach and enjoy their lives in their own time, but don't publicize their leisure when they can't get anything done on the ice. On the flip-side, we're winning again, sure show the spoils of war.

I'd much rather see ladder drills of Toffoli working on his skating and tirelessly working on his shot then him enjoying himself out at a Dodgers game. Bottom line, our team is 10-ply soft and we need to toughen up our image and re-affirm our goals of becoming a respectable hockey organization once again.
    It actually started with a segment about the Kings at a Halloween party, however it ended rather badly at Voynov's house, so they opted for days at the beach.

Air Hockey Champ
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)

When a period ends I check my coo-coo clock, add 18 minutes, then change the channel. After the 18 minutes are up, I go back to Fox Sports and what do you know...Another face-off at center ice.
    Go Kings GO!!!

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)

Well, that's their lives... they have their rights to live their own lives, correct?

They suck this season, yes, but there is no correlation at all.

When we hear those "cheating", "drug parties", "gambling" news, that's when we should get upset.

All Star
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2065 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Blando View Post

Wait, WHAT!?!?! People actually watch Law and Order?!?!?