All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2171 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darby View Post
    Remember those player segments they ran during the 2011/12 thru 2014/15 seasons?

With, like, Brown chewing nails in his workout bunker 40 feet underground?

Or with Willie Mitchell lifting a truck onto another truck so he could pick up both trucks over his head when he was working out in the gym from Rocky 3?

Or with Matt Greene ripping steel plates in half like tissue paper as he hiked through the Angeles National Forest while wrapped in raw beef steaks so he could fight off the occasional bear or cougar?

That must be why the team was winning then! They weren't acting like millionaires living the beach life when they went home!
    Ah yes, I remember those! Especially the one where "Strolzie" was in the hotel room in Vegas cramming all the dope into his shorts for the fellas, before he went downstairs to the pool club. That one was my fave!

Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5074 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    Wait, WHAT!?!?! People actually watch Law and Order?!?!?
    You are missing out.

I lost my password
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    139 Post(s)

I think those segments should be playing on a continuous loop on the Instagram feed for every pending UFA in the league.

{Imagine map of Polar Vortex here}
    Last edited by Rusty; January 31st, 2019 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Stupid Google Copyright rules.

Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5074 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    Ah yes, I remember those! Especially the one where "Strolzie" was in the hotel room in Vegas cramming all the dope into his shorts for the fellas, before he went downstairs to the pool club. That one was my fave!
    That was fake news. The real footage showed Stoll grabbing the other guys stash and taking the fall for his buddies as a parting gift.

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2171 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    I think those segments should be playing on a continuous loop on the Instagram feed for every pending UFA in the league.

{Imagine map of Polar Vortex here}
    That's exactly what this team needs! More guys looking for the easy life in SoCal. King will be knows as the place to get a fat long term contract, with beach life galore, and little to no effort on the ice.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Wasn't there a "What would you do if you weren't a hockey player" segment and Laperriere said, through his thick accent, he wanted to be a cup? Much hilarity ensued.

Or am I remembering it wrong?

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    787 Post(s)

I dont' remember but it already sounds hilarious in my head...as if it was the French-Canadian Goalie from Slapshot as a guide!

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    832 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Blando View Post
    You are missing out.
    I watch SVU occasionally, my wife watches it religiously.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    787 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beedee View Post
    voice my displeasure.

SHOOT!
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    352 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MiketheKing View Post
    I don't know about you, but I'm sick and tired of seeing our Players casually enjoying beach life with their hot wives relaxing on the beach during intermission segments. Why on Earth do the fans want to see a LAST PLACE team's players casually living it up on the beach. IMHO this is re-instilling the LA is a great place to live for millionaire athletes vibe and that's not the message we want. Lombardi had a plan, created a culture and reversed that thinking by FORCING QUICK to take that "Palm Trees in the SUN" back helmet plate off because that is not the message we're trying to send to the hockey world. Luc was brought in to be Mr. Hollywood and this is not a good thing when you're in Last place. Sure, players are going to go to the beach and enjoy their lives in their own time, but don't publicize their leisure when they can't get anything done on the ice. On the flip-side, we're winning again, sure show the spoils of war.

I'd much rather see ladder drills of Toffoli working on his skating and tirelessly working on his shot then him enjoying himself out at a Dodgers game. Bottom line, our team is 10-ply soft and we need to toughen up our image and re-affirm our goals of becoming a respectable hockey organization once again.
    and my wife thinks I'm an angry fan.