Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rogie-Vachon View Post
    If Jack Hughes ends up in Duck gear....
    Kings are going to be drafting in the black hole again. My guess they will end up drafting around the #11-#15 spot. Only a couple minor trades will happen for the Kings at the deadline. Ott, Ana, Chi, NJ, Ari, Col, Edm, Stl, Det, Phi, NYR will all draft before the Kings. The Kings are a middle of the pack team.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    835 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trapper9 View Post
    The Ducks have 2 wins in their last 52 days. HOW are they still ahead of us??
    5 more OT points than us helps them. We've actually won 2 more games but lost 2 more games.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3692 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bojanglz View Post
    Kings are going to be drafting in the black hole again. My guess they will end up drafting around the #11-#15 spot. Only a couple minor trades will happen for the Kings at the deadline. Ott, Ana, Chi, NJ, Ari, Col, Edm, Stl, Det, Phi, NYR will all draft before the Kings. The Kings are a middle of the pack team.
    Anything to justify them raising ticket prices again for next year. =\ "Hey look! It didn't matter that they were dead last for 75% of the season. They almost made the playoffs."
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    578 Post(s)

Hmmm. Although an unpopular sentiment (read: my wheelhouse) do you guys think the standings in the West this year make a strong agrument for contracting several (read: perfect world 10 teams) teams?

I know, I know but where will Cal Clutterbuck promote Movember? Answer: Instagram, he'll be fine.
    Last edited by What party?; February 8th, 2019 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Autocorrect is on my last nerve!!

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    451 Post(s)

The Kings are now a .500 team under WD. We haven't been the worst team in the league for quite some team. The standings are starting to reflect this.

If we can win half the time while playing the youngsters (Muzzin traded, Carter injured, Phanuef sat, etc.), then we just aren't that bad and frankly that's more important that getting a top pick. We will still have a shot with the ping pong balls. Plus with a few more guys likely traded in the coming weeks, it will probably drag us down a bit.

I lost my password
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by What party? View Post
    Hmmm. Although an unpopular sentiment (read: my wheelhouse) do you guys think the standings in the West this year make a strong agrument for contracting several (read: perfect world 10 teams) teams?
    You're aware the league is expanding to 32 teams for the 20-21 season, right? Standings be damned!

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    578 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    You're aware the league is expanding to 32 teams for the 20-21 season, right? Standings be damned!
    *laughing* Yes, Rusty, I do. But I’m a swim against the stream, fight the righteous fight, kind of person. So, for the quality of the on-ice product, I say contract, contract, contract!

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)

I think Kyle Clifford's "Playoff Penner" impersonation this year is single handedly taking us out of the Lose 4 Hughes movement.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Anything to justify them raising ticket prices again for next year. =\ "Hey look! It didn't matter that they were dead last for 75% of the season. They almost made the playoffs."
    hahah exactly. Which is why Quick, Carter, Brown or any of the other 9 core from the Stanley Cup team won't be traded and they likely will get another aging vet who was once a star. I wish I was kidding too but I seriously wouldn't doubt it since the Kings will finish close to a playoff spot. Then we will lose Campbell because Blake is to scared to let Quick go.

Sausage King of Chicago
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3267 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by What party? View Post
    *laughing* Yes, Rusty, I do. But I’m a swim against the stream, fight the righteous fight, kind of person. So, for the quality of the on-ice product, I say contract, contract, contract!
    And I'd like to see the regular season reduced to 60 games and to be adopted by Jeff Bezos. All of the above possibilities seem equally likely.