1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2941 Post(s)

Default ***LA Kings @ Boston Bruins GDT 2/9/19 10AM START TIME 10AM!!***

Official Game Day Thread

Game #55/82 -- 02/09/19

Los Angeles Kings @ Boston Bruins
    TD Garden | Boston, MA

Today’s Giveaway: The Black Dog Jersey Toque (first 7,450 fans)

Last Season’s Meetings:

11/16/17 — Bruins 2, Kings 1
    10/28/17 — Kings 2, Bruins 1 (OT) *The 0.9 seconds Goal

GAME TIME **10:00AM**

TV:**Fox Sports West**

Radio: LA Kings iHeartRadio app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

Desjardins, Doughty, Kempe, Wagner 2/7 Postgame Quotes

Read more quotes and articles at Jon Rosen's Blog here

Willie Desjardins, on the win:

The guys played hard. I thought we had a great first period, and even after that we battled the whole night. It was good – everybody played a part in it.
    Desjardins, on the younger players’ impact in the win:
    Yeah, if you look at Amadio’s line while it was Clifford and Wagner, they had lots of chances tonight. Like, that line was very good for us. Had probably most of our chances in the first two periods, five-on-five. Even outside that, Leipsic played hard, Toffoli was good, lots of guys contributed. And on the back end too, Walker came in and was good. LaDue was good, so we had lots of guys playing hard.
    Desjardins, on any differences in Adrian Kempe’s game amidst his scoring spike:

A little bit, but it’s funny. When you start scoring, you get confidence. When nothing’s ever going in you wonder if you should shoot, and then it starts going in and now you’re looking to shoot. A big part of our game is confidence, and I think he’s playing with a little bit more confidence right now. I don’t think he changed his game. I think things just started to go for him, and as a result he got more confident.
    Desjardins, on whether lob passes tried to use Austin Wagner’s speed or were based on pre-scouting:
    No, I think it was just guys making good reads. I thin they can see their D are real aggressive and standing up, and they realize that if we could get something behind him maybe we could skate into it. We had tow really good chances off of it.
    Desjardins, on Wagner’s line:

Yeah, I liked them. As I mentioned, I thought Amadio was good with that grouping. I thought all the lines played pretty good, I thought everybody contributed tonight.
    Desjardins, on the next shooter if Tyler Toffoli had not scored:
    Yeah, Leipsic was probably going to go.
    Desjardins, on whether he chose Tyler Toffoli, 0-for-10 in shootouts, because he’d been playing well:
    Maybe a little bit. We talked a little bit on the bench, and I just think that he is a good shooter, and it was good to see him take charge of it.

Drew Doughty, on Austin Wagner’s speed:

Definitely his number one quality is he’s faster than every single person on the ice. You know, he would give a run with McDavid there, but yeah it was a good catch and release play by him tonight. He had a great shot, he had another breakaway, and yeah, he was flying. So we’re really happy when we see young guys step to the plate and play big like that and Wags is a hard worker and a good person, so we’re happy for him.
    Doughty, on whether there is an added focus on the playoff standings as of late:

Well, I think we smell it a little more now that we did this, but we can’t take our foot off the gas pedal. We know we need to keep winning hockey games. We have like 28 games left, we basically got to win twenty-something of those. We’re ready for that challenge and we’re excited about the challenge and we’re going to do everything we can to keep this rolling.
    Doughty, on giving up a goal at the end of the third period:
    We deserved that win. We still felt that we were going to win it no matter what. You know, they tie it up late like that, good play by them. They have one extra guy on the ice, stuff’s going to happen. But we never gave up, probably should have won it in OT with a few chances there. But you know what? Before they tied it up, we had about three breakaways in the third that we should have scored on and that would have put the game away. We deserved that the whole way through, no doubt.
    Doughty, on if there is a level of confidence now that had been missing previously:
    For sure. We feel good about ourselves now. We can’t get too high though, but our confidence is definitely growing. Just this feeling, winning hockey games is the best feeling as a hockey player in the world. When you do it, you just want to keep having that feeling every single night. Before the game we just say let’s have that feeling we had the other night, and we got it again, so we’re all pumped in here.

Adrian Kempe, on whether he knew right away that he had scored during the shootout:

At the moment, I was let’s say 90% sure it hit the white thing in the back. That was a good feeling, obviously, they confirmed it.
    Kempe, on getting the two points:
    They’ve been good lately and it was a tough game coming in here and we knew right away that they were going to come out hard. Our first period was probably our best period. We played really well in the first. We got pucks deep and really created some chances. It ended up being a tight game, but that’s what we expected as well and we’re really glad that we got the extra point today, so it was a good team effort.
    Kempe, on the team’s confidence right now:
    Obviously when you win you get a little more confidence and I think everybody on the team has been playing really good on this road trip so far. You can feel the team game is really there right now and that’s what we need right now. We need everybody to be going. We’re playing well against all the teams over here and I think everybody has been doing a good job so far, so we definitely got to keep it going and keep this momentum.
    Kempe, on whether the team is thinking about the postseason:

Obviously we’re getting closer and closer. We haven’t played good enough so far in the season, but I think in the last couple of weeks we’ve been starting to figure it out, and the structure is there and, as I said, the team game has been there the last couple of games and we have to take that with us and keep it one game at a time.

Austin Wagner, on feeling energized at start of the game:

Yeah, I had a pretty good warmup today. I was feeling good today, I went out there and played my game and just did my thing. Cliff played great, I thought our line did pretty good and everyone else followed through. I thought we played a good all-around team game and that’s what we need to do every night.
    Wagner, on the difference he has seen in the team since the break:
    Yeah I think we’re playing pretty good. We are tightening up on the D-zone, and playing with confidence, making some plays—at the end of the day we’re doing a lot of things right and we’re focusing on the details. I think coming out of that break we knew we had to make a push for playoffs. We’re still in a spot to make it and we’re trying to push for playoffs right now.
    Wagner, on whether he thought his name would get called as the shootout progressed:
    Yeah, Cliff and I were starting to think about it once it got to like the twelfth shooter, we were a little bit scared. I was a little bit nervous, my breakaway earlier in the game didn’t go well, so I was hoping I could possibly redeem myself there.

Subject To Change

FORWARDS

Kings Injuries:

Jonny Brodzinski (IR)
    Jeff Carter

Bruins Probable Lineup
    (courtesy of www2.dailyfaceoff.com)

FORWARDS

GOALIE COMPARISONS

PLAYER STATS

PACIFIC DIVISION STANDINGS

Today's Poll Question:

The last time the Kings played at TD Garden, Tyler TOffoli scored the game-winner with .9 seconds left in OT on a face-off win. TWO PART QUESTION FOR 2 POSSIBLE POINTS FOR YOU EARLY RISERS:
    1) What time will the game winning goal be scored? (Use the Mins:secs of the __ Period format). +/- 3 minutes will get a point.
    2) Who will score the game winning goal? you get 6 guesses for getting up this early

Take your best guesses in your post below.

The only prize is the glory of seeing your name in the next GDT if you get it right.

Previous Poll Winners:

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed that Wayne Simmonds would get a big, fat 0 points in the previous game:

jammer06
    VegasHockey
    cokingsfan
    KHenry14
    Rusty
    srm1105
    MaxwellSmart
    Fanman
    beedee
    sonnyboy11
    beady eye
    CUP4LA
    LeftyKing
    Butch19
    vindogla
    Greg33
    Sevenhole
    chaingunsofdoom

Poll Win Totals
    ***NOT UPDATED (everyone above moves up a notch)

King Of The Mountain with 23 points:

jammer06

21 points

AngelEyes
    srm1105

20 points

LeftyKing

19 points

forum gold
    hokiecat
    Stormy2213

18 points

beedee
    Rusty

17 points

Craig22929
    pray4mojo
    TooCool

16 points

CUP4LA
    empire
    John a90

15 points

Chateau Bow Wow
    notbob
    Rogie-Vachon
    rozzy

14 points

beady eye
    DRGinLBC
    KHenry14
    VegasHockey

13 points

Liz4LA
    MaxwellSmart
    NotherCastle
    Puckmaster
    Sevenhole
    waynet

12 points

chaingunsofdoom
    Hockey53

11 points

CIrvine
    Krussadams
    Nyssa42

10 points

Moog

9 points

05/29/93
    ChilledAgua
    hornman
    LAKingSteve
    Rawley19

8 points

7 points

dannybuoy1
    FAN4LIFE
    Hkyfmly

6 points

cokingsfan
    GALLY
    Helvetica
    vindogla

5 points

Cross Traffic
    Ice24
    JasonU

4 points

deathb4dux
    kingrussell

3 points

darby
    Dr. Tran
    Histiking
    RoS
    SirJW
    Troyvsc
    Zombitar

Bet your karma in geogirl’s KARMA BETTING THREAD HERE

Any suggestions, pics, poll questions, etc. - email me at lgknyssa42@gmail.com

Photos courtesy of nhl.com.

Selke Smooth
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1274 Post(s)

5:17 of the third period

Kempe
    Pasta
    Toffoli
    Kovalchuck
    Bergeron
    Marchand
    "We still have some guys that haven't scored since Jesus was a baby" - Sutter

User formerly known as

Would you Believe...
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    189 Post(s)

15:00 of the third period

Krejci
    Marchand
    Pastrnak
    Kovalchuk
    Kopitar
    Brown

The Dolphin is Not Amused
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2252 Post(s)

If I stop drinking right now, I might sober up before the game starts.

10 a.m starting times? Psh!

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    547 Post(s)

Around the 11miute mark of the second period by Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak McAvoy Krejci Backes

Luc says: how you doin'?
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    846 Post(s)

8:08 of the 3rd

Kopi
    Toffoli
    Brown
    Pastrnak
    Bergeron
    DeBrusk

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3667 Post(s)

Thanks Susan!!!

Bonus guesses for getting up early? Screw that. I'm getting bonus guesses for staying up late! I think the GWG will be scored at 19:00 mark of the 1st period. (1 minute left in the period in case I'm not clear.)

The six players I'm going with are... Kempe, Toffoli (because they're hot for some reason), Marchand, Pastrnak, DeBrusk, and Krug.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssa42
    Today’s Giveaway: The Black Dog Jersey Toque (first 7,450 fans)
    Wonder WTF a Black Dog Jersey Toque is and why only 7450 fans? Such a weird number....

This game will be really telling to see if the Kings are going to fall back in line in the Lose For Hughes sweepstakes or if they really want to **** their draft position.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3526 Post(s)

Thank you Nyssa!

I'll say 4:00 mins of third
    Bergeron
    Kreiji
    Marchand
    Pastrnak
    Krug
    Toffoli

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3526 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Wonder WTF a Black Dog Jersey Toque is and why only 7450 fans? Such a weird number....
    A box of 50 musta fallen off the truck

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    128 Post(s)

16:53 of the 3rd period

Jake DeBrusk
    David Pastrnak
    David Krejci