Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    4th Line Insurance Policy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    381 Post(s)

Default When Does accountability happen?

I've never seen a coach with less going for him. The problem is, this complacent, play out the year garbage is going to cost them dearly in the off season. Trade values are not going up on any of these old, expensive players, as they half ass their way through the rest of these games.

Management should be intervening right now in the name of Asset Value and Culture! You can't just let them go out there and phone it in. There should be hell to pay for guys that are flushing their own value down the toilet, while simultaneously embarrassing the sweater and modeling bad behavior for the kids. A high pick is great, but you're gonna need a lot more than that. Part of the plan was to sell off aging vets to contenders.

Well, I hate to say it, but I don't see Carter, Quick, Kovalchuk, or Phaneuf going anywhere in the offseason. Who wants them? There's going to be a whole lotta glass ceiling for a whole lotta talented kids for the next 2 seasons. There just isn't room for them if nobody has the guts to park all that dead weight in the press box. Or buy some of it out. Or incentivize retirement.

The kids earned the ice time long ago. The veterans have become a disgrace.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    240 Post(s)

This is a disaster. It starts at the top.

I will re-iterate again. Willie Desjardins was hired to turn the season around. He was NOT hired to tank. Now, look at the results and look at the people who put him in there.

Blake screwed the pooch at the deadline, not moving any of these guys.

I have a theory. It is based on comments Brian Burke has made about trying to trade Cammy in Calgary one year at the deadline. Sorry no linky

Basically, Blake has hurt his bargaining position. Self inflicted. He has given up ground in Every. Single. Stupid. Little. Trade. Made.

People say so what, paying for most of Hagelin's salary. It means something, folks. It's worth something. All of these conditions and compromises on all trades made this year have added up to, You Don't Need to Pay Rob Blake's Asking Price. He has de-valued his own players by his actions.

Jake Muzzin was the best defencemen traded this winter. 29 days before the deadline. Don't kid yourselves, they jumped on the first offer. They put the price out there and Dubas jumped on it. There was still time. They could have held him out of games. We like Grundstrom, but any idea how much more they could have got had they waited?

It's arm chair GMing or Monday morning quarterbacking

but that's what we do here.

Classic player
    Images
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4043 Post(s)

The problem is with the players. The problem is not bad management.

One need go no further than looking at the stat sheet.

For example, Jeff Carter has the most penalty minutes of any forward. That tells me he has completely lost his game and is chasing the play.

Kopitarís lazy defensive play has racked up the third most penalties minutes among the forwards. Selke, my ass...

Kempe has the second most PIMs among the forwards but at least gets his penalties for trying to do too much. The kid is always hustling.

Then look at the +/- numbers...

Itís the players...

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    240 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VCRW View Post
    The problem is with the players. The problem is not bad management.

One need go no further than looking at the stat sheet.

For example, Jeff Carter has the most penalty minutes of any forward. That tells me he has completely lost his game and is chasing the play.

Kopitar’s lazy defensive play has racked up the third most penalties minutes among the forwards. Selke, my ass...

Kempe has the second most PIMs among the forwards but at least gets his penalties for trying to do too much. The kid is always hustling.

Then look at the +/- numbers...

It’s the players...
    All good points, VCRW and you are right the players are at fault

But why continue to give Blake a pass? WD is his hire and this coach is also part of the problem.

I can't see this, this situation occurring on Lombardi's watch.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2182 Post(s)

People are losing their minds! Moving players that nobody wants? This is the new NHL, you donít take on these type of contracts anymore. We would have loved to see a team take these players off the Kings roster. Unfortunately, teams have seen how these players are playing and what their contracts are doing to the growth of the team. Relax, there is plenty of time to right the ship. So the Kings are at the bottom of the league for the next four seasons? Oh well they have a plan. Most people, just like in social media want instant results, I say just relax and enjoy the ride, nobody is going to stop watching hockey or your favorite hockey team, no matter if they are winning or losing.

I donít believe the Kings have hit rock bottom, close but not yet. Next season they could be worse. And donít expect a big free agent move over the summer. A one and or maybe a two year deal at the most for a player to fill a roster spot.

When a few of these contracts are completed then we will see what happens. They have to rebuild almost the entire team so I am looking forward to 2024!
    Best Regards,

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    94 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg33 View Post
    All good points, VCRW and you are right the players are at fault

But why continue to give Blake a pass? WD is his hire and this coach is also part of the problem.

I can't see this, this situation occurring on Lombardi's watch.
    Lombardi created this contract hell. He's the one who signed these players to long-term, high cost deals. Blake inherited it. He can't move players that aren't worth their contracts unless he's going to pay some of the value (think how Ottawa is still paying part of Phaneuf's contract).

So here's the option: (a) you pay players to play somewhere else; or (b) you let the players play out their deals. Neither are pretty appetizing.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    240 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ice24 View Post
    People are losing their minds! Moving players that nobody wants? This is the new NHL, you don’t take on these type of contracts anymore. We would have loved to see a team take these players off the Kings roster. Unfortunately, teams have seen how these players are playing and what their contracts are doing to the growth of the team. Relax, there is plenty of time to right the ship. So the Kings are at the bottom of the league for the next four seasons? Oh well they have a plan. Most people, just like in social media want instant results, I say just relax and enjoy the ride, nobody is going to stop watching hockey or your favorite hockey team, no matter if they are winning or losing.

I don’t believe the Kings have hit rock bottom, close but not yet. Next season they could be worse. And don’t expect a big free agent move over the summer. A one and or maybe a two year deal at the most for a player to fill a roster spot.

When a few of these contracts are completed then we will see what happens. They have to rebuild almost the entire team so I am looking forward to 2024!
    Best Regards,
    Only the first part of that is right.

This draft lottery thingy, this parity thingy...you can throw this "plan" thingy in the trash. It is not going to work - ANYMORE. They've taken steps and have secretly rigged it out of the NHL.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    240 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xcheck View Post
    Lombardi created this contract hell. He's the one who signed these players to long-term, high cost deals. Blake inherited it. He can't move players that aren't worth their contracts unless he's going to pay some of the value (think how Ottawa is still paying part of Phaneuf's contract).

So here's the option: (a) you pay players to play somewhere else; or (b) you let the players play out their deals. Neither are pretty appetizing.
    News Flash.

Blake doubled-down on these same guys.

Do I really have to remind you who added Phaneuf?

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)

DL is to blame for the horrible contracts he issued out before he got fired, and Blake came in working with all of that garbage. Blake is in way over his head and has no idea what he's doing, so all other GMs are taking advantage of him. Kings need an experienced GM (oh and proven too), but where the hell do they go with that? No proven talent who wants to win is going to want to be signed by the Kings. This franchise is a disaster right now. I hate to say it, but the top guys need to go, and I mean Luc and Rob and probably ownership needs to sell the team. Get Magic's group who bought the Dodgers can turn this franchise around.

All Star
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2106 Post(s)

Deano created the long term contract hell.

The Luc and Rob show has completely changed the culture of the club.....and not for the better.

The players do not feel that they will be held accountable due to long term contracts, and terms of the contracts such as NMC's.

The Luc and Rob show picked two horrible coaches in a row.

This ship is without a rudder.

The worst move that Dan could have ever done was fire Deano and Sutter, and replace them with the good old boys of Luc, Rob & Stevens.

This team needs help from without not from within.