Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5072 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ilovela View Post
    LGK has been purged since the sutter hire but, if I remember, a LARGE MAJORITY of the board hated the hire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They did, they thought it was more of the same and wanted a more dynamic offensive coach.

Then again the large majority of LGK also hated the Williams and Visnovsky trades as well. I can't say that it was a majority, but there was a good chunk of the fanbase that favored Bogosian over Doughty too.

I don't have any problem with McClellan, I think is stable and stability is needed here. I don't think this group is at the right stage for a young, enthusiastic hit-or-miss coach yet.

They are still a draft or two away from establishing any kind of identity yet, and the prospects they are amassing aren't really a diverse group of talents. A lot of these kids are going to be fighting for the same jobs and not necessarily complementing each other yet. They need a broader range of assets a little bit further along in their development before they can risk an unproven coach potentially costing them another year or two if the worst case scenario unfolded.

So, go the safe route, let the vets you can't trade fade away, keep piling up high picks then see where you are.

Cause Mitchrock said so
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    440 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Blando View Post
    They did, they thought it was more of the same and wanted a more dynamic offensive coach.

Then again the large majority of LGK also hated the Williams and Visnovsky trades as well. I can't say that it was a majority, but there was a good chunk of the fanbase that favored Bogosian over Doughty too.

I don't have any problem with McClellan, I think is stable and stability is needed here. I don't think this group is at the right stage for a young, enthusiastic hit-or-miss coach yet.

They are still a draft or two away from establishing any kind of identity yet, and the prospects they are amassing aren't really a diverse group of talents. A lot of these kids are going to be fighting for the same jobs and not necessarily complementing each other yet. They need a broader range of assets a little bit further along in their development before they can risk an unproven coach potentially costing them another year or two if the worst case scenario unfolded.

So, go the safe route, let the vets you can't trade fade away, keep piling up high picks then see where you are.
    Well said.

Right now, I think I am more concerned with players like Toffoli who find practices pathetic.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    829 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dannybuoy1 View Post
    Well said.

Right now, I think I am more concerned with players like Toffoli who find practices pathetic.
    I think Tyler was making an observation and would not insinuate that he was the cause of the pathetic practices.

Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5072 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LAKingSteve View Post
    I think Tyler was making an observation and would not insinuate that he was the cause of the pathetic practices.
    I don't think that's what he meant. The issue is that some of the players said publicly that their practices were pathetic, and that has to be resolved, not that Toffoli was the problem.

Though, one does wonder that if multiple veteran players thought the team was practicing poorly, why the hell didn't they hold each other accountable and do something about it?

It's because these guys lack character, and needed others to come in and do the lifting for them. I have been saying this for at least nine years now, and if anyone still doubts it, I mean, what else do you need?

Time wounds all heels.
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Blando View Post

It's because these guys lack character, and needed others to come in and do the lifting for them. I have been saying this for at least nine years now, and if anyone still doubts it, I mean, what else do you need?
    And the sad fact is that those exact players are the ones locked into un-moveable contracts. The suck is real, man.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    450 Post(s)

I'd just like to point out that - regardless of whether McLellan ends up becoming the next Kings coach - the Bernstein rumor was not true. McLellan did not accept a deal in principle on April 10, final touches were not being put on the contract then and no announcement occurred on April 10 or shortly thereafter as he claimed.

It annoys me having to look at that thread title everyday. Bernstein was not the first reporter to mention the Kings' interest in McLellan. He just posted a rumor about it which was not true.

Cause Mitchrock said so
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    440 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LAKingSteve View Post
    I think you are right. But then again, what is he, a player who is responsible for better practices, doing about it?

Cause Mitchrock said so
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    440 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mondo blando View Post
    i don't think that's what he meant. The issue is that some of the players said publicly that their practices were pathetic, and that has to be resolved, not that toffoli was the problem.

Though, one does wonder that if multiple veteran players thought the team was practicing poorly, why the hell didn't they hold each other accountable and do something about it?

It's because these guys lack character, and needed others to come in and do the lifting for them. I have been saying this for at least nine years now, and if anyone still doubts it, i mean, what else do you need?

this, this, this, 100 times this!

Hyperbolic V.I.P.
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    399 Post(s)

Now that it's done, what kind of coaching style will do you think he'll implement with this team?
    How about focus and strategy?
    More offensive minded? Defensive minded?
    Start bringing up more young players from Ontario?

Based on last season, it may be hard for him to get the speed and first step out of the older Kings right now. The core has gotten soft and slow. He's going to have to work with guys that seem to have no motivation currently.

Any thoughts?

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    561 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. No View Post
    Now that it's done, what kind of coaching style will do you think he'll implement with this team?
    How about focus and strategy?
    More offensive minded? Defensive minded?
    Start bringing up more young players from Ontario?

Based on last season, it may be hard for him to get the speed and first step out of the older Kings right now. The core has gotten soft and slow. He's going to have to work with guys that seem to have no motivation currently.

Any thoughts?
    It's done?