3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

Default This Day in Kings History

Since it will be a long summer with radio silence from now until draft day, I figured I'd keep myself and fellow Kings fans entertained with some bits of Kings history. Hopefully some of you will get more enjoyment out of these than watching the 2018-19 iteration of the Los Angeles Kings.

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    576 Post(s)

Fun and welcome. That picture proves that is still my favorite Canucks' jersey the skate on the plate of spaghetti, so awesomely bad. Since we?re here and typing, why does it always seem that Wayne got every milestone goal against Mclean?

So I was watching the B?s this weekend and thinking about the last time the Kings had a hundred point player (Brad was such a POS on Sunday, -respect- and totally got in Papa Williams? head) so i googled it and it is exactly who you think. Sadly, the one before that was included in the trade that got us our last hundred point player.

Wonder if our next hundred point player has even been born yet?

Go Tanner Go!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    430 Post(s)

Thanks for posting that! Remember it very, very well. My wife and I decided to break the bank that year because we hadn't had our kids yet. We went to every home game but 2 that year and what a run it was. If I remember right didn't Gary Schuck win Game 5 in double OT with a huge goal in LAK's history? Fond memories ...

They're a finesse team.
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    539 Post(s)

Watching those highlights made me truly appreciate my HDTV and how far technology has come since I was a kid watching games on TV.

Sausage King of Chicago
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3267 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by What party? View Post
    Fun and welcome. That picture proves that is still my favorite Canucks' jersey the skate on the plate of spaghetti, so awesomely bad.
    That jersey is pure class and understated elegance compared to this - and it still has the skate/spaghetti combination as a logo on the sleeve:

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    576 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
    That jersey is pure class and understated elegance compared to this - and it still has the skate/spaghetti combination as a logo on the sleeve:

Heh. It looks like what present day Christian Ehrhoff is wearing in some German beer (ha!) league.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3583 Post(s)

Man those highlights make me miss the days of the home whites. Was fun to see all the other teams jerseys.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roenick View Post
    Thanks for posting that! Remember it very, very well. My wife and I decided to break the bank that year because we hadn't had our kids yet. We went to every home game but 2 that year and what a run it was. If I remember right didn't Gary Schuck win Game 5 in double OT with a huge goal in LAK's history? Fond memories ...
    You are correct, Shuchuk scored the double OT winner in what was then the longest game in Kings' history.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    358 Post(s)

Incredibly fun times! My father and I were at game 6 at the Forum. David Courtney would call it "the Madhouse on Manchester", and it certainly was. When the Kings scored those three quick goals in the second period the fans went insane. People honking horns afterwords. When Pittsburgh was eliminated the next night, the Stanley Cup was a very real possibility for the Kings. We know how it ended, but that Stanley Cup run really cranked into high gear with this series.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    94 Post(s)

The wide open ice, the goalies without pads that cover the entire net and THE MULLET