Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    564 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssa42 View Post
    I'm using it as an excuse to finally ride the Angel's Flight Railway with my friend who will be in town from Phoenix. And maybe score some interesting eats. Never been to Grand Central Market before.
    Iíve been to the market on an average day, then a weekend. Itís a place that almost feels like itís trying too hard. Hipsters waiting in line at Eggslut for an hour, local families milling around confined spaces and a solid number of crackheads. Itís like a dimly lit present day Venice Beach vibe but again super dark & densely populated. The bar is an open space with a ton of TVs but never felt compelled to drink there (and know this: I donít need much of an excuse) and as a lady, an unknown bathroom situation (yikes!). So your friend from out of town will have a good time but a local person at a draft party, it may not be what you need. But positive you guys will have fun! Hope it's an exciting draft day...

SHOOT!
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    348 Post(s)

HEY... - save some pigs' feet for me!!

Retired Popo now Mr. Mom
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    137 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by What party? View Post
    I’ve been to the market on an average day, then a weekend. It’s a place that almost feels like it’s trying too hard. Hipsters waiting in line at Eggslut for an hour, local families milling around confined spaces and a solid number of crackheads. It’s like a dimly lit present day Venice Beach vibe but again super dark & densely populated. The bar is an open space with a ton of TVs but never felt compelled to drink there (and know this: I don’t need much of an excuse) and as a lady, an unknown bathroom situation (yikes!). So your friend from out of town will have a good time but a local person at a draft party, it may not be what you need. But positive you guys will have fun! Hope it's an exciting draft day...
    You said crackhead .......how OG of you.......
    We are the Samurai, the warrior elite who protect and serve. Armed and armored from head to toe, masters of our personal weapons and bound by Honor, Duty, Loyalty, and Honesty. We walk the long path into the places society would prefer forgotten, and chase those demons that most would run from screaming in fear. We are the Samurai.

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    564 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SloMo26 View Post
    You said crackhead .......how OG of you.......
    Heh. I’m glad you liked it and am taking the compliment (?). Will defer to your keen former police officer eye but the people surrounding the market aren’t the run of the mill homeless, mentally ill or even just hard drug users. They are fearless, energetic and erratic. That sounds like crack to me. It makes sense, though, they are trying to gentrify Skid Row and are pushing street people elsewhere. And since Skid Row is like three blocks away…freaking out hipsters/tourist is exactly how I would spend my morning if I smoked crack (but that would probably be the end of another very long night-sad face- meh, semantics).

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3687 Post(s)

Look out Kings fans. They're bringing out the big guns to the draft party tomorrow (credit to notbob).

Kings appearing are Jack Campbell, Kyle Clifford, Daniel Brickley, and Jaret Anderson-Dolan!
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

That's nothing compared to meeting Roman Cechmanek at the 2003 draft party.

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    564 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Look out Kings fans. They're bringing out the big guns to the draft party tomorrow (credit to notbob).

Kings appearing are Jack Campbell, Kyle Clifford, Daniel Brickley, and Jaret Anderson-Dolan!
    Thanks, Notbob & Too cool. The more I think about this draft day party the more I like it. They are coveting the youth market with the location, players chosen for the meet&greet and the donation to the local homeless shelter option. Now if our drafting/direction (read: Rob's "plan") of the team follows suit, stoked.

4th Line Insurance Policy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    413 Post(s)

Wait, Thomas WHO?

They're a finesse team.
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged