Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3577 Post(s)

Default Summer travels thread

Im sitting here in the airport in Lima and I seem to recall we had a summer travel thread a while back (along with a camping thread)

Anyway please feel free to post about your plans, trips or even your questions about places and let's see how it goes.

As for this trip it was fun. I spent most of the social time in San Isidro and Mira Flores. It's almost winter so the sky was largely overcast in the city. I didn't realize how proud they are of their food here but they do have something to brag about.

I did get out both north and south for some factory visits and there's a pretty steep economic drop off even though I didn't feel unsafe. Next time I come back will make time for Machu Pichu and Cusco. There's a couple other places that were recommended to me but I'm going to research them a tad more.

I will say the pisco sours grew on me, not sure I'd make them at home. They sure taste good here though.

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) \_(ツ)_/
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Cheers to pisco. I keep a bottle at home, though I just enjoy it as is. There's a Peruvian restaurant not too far from me that always gets a kick out of the gabacho ordering pisco straight up, and I'm happy to oblige.

For me, it's t-minus 30ish days before we head out for the Adriatic (cruise). Flying into Athens and will hopefully have enough time to see some of the sights there. Then off to Santorini and its blue roofs, up to Kotor and its funky hats, across to Messina and its...Loggins?, then up to Naples and its pizza then over to Barcelona and its snails. I'm forever in search of the non-touristy things to do and places to eat, so if anyone has recommendations in any of those places, I am all eyes.
    "And then scoring three goals on the power play to really shove it up their butts was really awesome." -Drew Doughty, January 2nd, 2018 @ EDM post-game quote.

Classic player
    Images
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4084 Post(s)

I am so lucky to get to travel on someone else's dime.

This year's Fleetwood Mac summer tour has taken me to Italy, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Ireland and U.K.

And it has, of course, rained at each of these big outdoor shows! And the forecast includes rain for both of our upcoming ones at Wembley Stadium!

Yippee!!!

Looking forward to better weather when we go to Australia and New Zealand in August & September.

The Dolphin is Not Amused
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2305 Post(s)

Summer travel would require me to leave the house.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3577 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by orpheus View Post
    You can regale us with tales down into your basement

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)

Thinking of going to Laguna Seca for the annual vintage reunion, then skip on over to Sequoia NP for a day or two. I dunno. Keeping things simple and driveable.

All Star
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    325 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by orpheus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    You can regale us with tales down into your MOMS basement