Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lakers 2019-2020 Thread (Hey, Maybe We Can Win This Time With Anthony Davis)

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1074 Post(s)

Jalen Rose saying hearing 99% sure he's re-signing with Toronto for 2 years then will be eligible to sign a supermax.

It's Jalen Rose so take it for what you will.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    451 Post(s)

Cris Carter (of "All He Does is Catch Touchdowns" fame) seems to be the person with the most insight into the situation. He had the same agent Kawhi has. He said the decision will be made Friday and everyone (Lakers, Clippers and Raptors) were still under consideration.

There are rumblings that if he goes elsewhere, the Lakers plan to trade for Goran Dragic, the point guard for the Heat, who is in the last year of his contract.
    Last edited by HeadInjury; July 4th, 2019 at 08:12 PM.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1074 Post(s)

Clippers set to sign Kawhi and trade for Paul George. WOW

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3689 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    Clippers set to sign Kawhi and trade for Paul George. WOW
    Damn you Kawhi!

Clippers pretty much gave OKC all their draft picks for the next few seasons. If this doesn't work out for them, they're going to continue to be a miserable franchise for many more years to come.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    451 Post(s)

It looks like Leonard wasn't indecisive at all, but was just waiting for the Clippers to work a trade for George. They gave up three first round picks and Miami's unprotected 2021 first rounder, plus pick swaps and their most coveted young player, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander. I'm not sure this sets up a championship level team for the Clippers, but they are now relevant.

Lakers signed Danny Green to a two-year $30 million deal and Quinn Cook to a two-year $6 million deal. Both good shooters. They also re-signed McGee and KCP. The Lakers have somewhere around $5-8 million in cap space left, plus the room exception at $4.76 million. They are up to 10 players on their roster.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    451 Post(s)

Clips also gave up a protected Miami 2023 first round pick, so that's 5 first rounders in all.

Lakers have to exhaust all of their cap space before making the Davis trade, so there should be more signings today.

The two-year signings mean the Lakers are probably going to focus next on Giannis, who becomes a free agent in two years.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    451 Post(s)

Lakers signed Boogie Cousins to a one-year deal and re-signed Rondo to a two-year deal. Not a fan of Rondo but it is at the veteran minimum, so no big deal. Cousin's deal is $3.5 million.

Right now the roster looks like:

Rondo/Cook/Caruso
    Green/KCP/Daniels/Talen Horton-Tucker
    LeBron/Dudley
    AD/Kuzma
    Cousins/McGee
    Last edited by HeadInjury; July 6th, 2019 at 12:57 PM.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3689 Post(s)

Thanks for the summary HeadInjury.

Rondo, Green, James, AD, and Cousins as the starting 5. Kuzma as the 6th man and along with all the other fillers... I can dig that. Barring no significant injuries, there's no reason this Lakers team can't compete either.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    510 Post(s)

Clippers won the off season. Jerry West is a genius. Interesting that Kings fans hate big egos in hockey players, but slobber all over themselves over the humongous ego of Lebron James. On the bright side, the secondary market for Kings tickets should be pretty reasonable with both NBA teams contenders.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    451 Post(s)

I like what the Clippers did, but I think they will have a lot of trouble defensively with AD, McGee and Cousins, not to mention LeBron. They signed Zubac to a 4-year, $28 million deal today. I like Zubac but he is a project.

Paul George had a hell of a year, but he also had surgery on both shoulders and apparently won't be ready at the beginning of the season. The Clippers will be the best defensive team in the league at the 1, 2 and 3 spots. But who exactly will guard AD?

The big difference with the role players the Lakers signed this off season is they can hit the open 3. There are going to be tons of open looks unless teams never intend to double team AD or LeBron. Good luck with that.