Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lakers 2019-2020 Thread (Hey, Maybe We Can Win This Time With Anthony Davis)

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1077 Post(s)

So I've heard two differing stories - one that Kawhi was stringing everyone along and wanted the Clippers the whole time, or at the very least it was between the Clippers and Raptors. Another is he wanted LA and if the Clippers hadn't swung the George trade he would've signed with the Lakers.

Either way, seems like he was doing some backhanded communication with George for at least a few days, quietly. And George, man after signing that deal with OKC and not even taking a meeting with the Lakers.....now he requests this trade? How would you like to be an OKC fan right now?

Won't most of those picks to OKC be quite late first rounders if the Clippers are as good as projected? I don't know the exact mechanics.

The big if for the Lakers now is hoping that there are no significant injuries to Lebron and/or Davis.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3692 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    So I've heard two differing stories - one that Kawhi was stringing everyone along and wanted the Clippers the whole time, or at the very least it was between the Clippers and Raptors. Another is he wanted LA and if the Clippers hadn't swung the George trade he would've signed with the Lakers.

Either way, seems like he was doing some backhanded communication with George for at least a few days, quietly. And George, man after signing that deal with OKC and not even taking a meeting with the Lakers.....now he requests this trade? How would you like to be an OKC fan right now?

Won't most of those picks to OKC be quite late first rounders if the Clippers are as good as projected? I don't know the exact mechanics.
    Yeah, I think Paul George has something against the Lakers. Oh well, screw him.

As for the Thunder organization, I think they don't know what they're doing. Just look at how they handled the Harden and Durant situation.

Here are all the picks they're getting from the Clippers. Unprotected first-round picks in 2021 (via Miami), 2022, 2024 and 2026. The rights to swap picks in 2023 and 2025. And a separate 2023 first-round pick (also via Miami) that’s protected 1–14.

So assuming the Clippers picks are late 1st rounders, maybe they're banking on Miami being terrible. But of course, if the Clippers are the Clippers after all of this, then OKC could still be looking at mid-late first rounders and not necessarily late first rounders.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1077 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Yeah, I think Paul George has something against the Lakers. Oh well, screw him.
    Or rather, his agent. If I remember correctly George's agent also represents Julius Randle, Lonzo Ball and D'angelo Russell. He may have been more than willing to accommodate a trade across the hall?

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    451 Post(s)

Lakers have signed Avery Bradley to a two-year deal using the room exception.

One curious note. Lakers have not announced the Rondo signing.

Edit: Reports now that LeBron is going to be the starting point guard and Danny Green the starting shooting guard. Not sure how that would work defensively as LeBron can't defend well against guards. So the starting small forward will have to be able to defend a guard I suppose.
    Last edited by HeadInjury; July 8th, 2019 at 12:13 PM.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    451 Post(s)

Lakers have 14 of their 15 roster spots filled. Presumably leaving the last spot open in case of a buyout, such as Andre Iguodala. Memphis is trying to trade him, however, and the Lakers aren't a possible trade partner.

In addition, today the Lakers claimed Kostas Antetokounmpo off of waivers and signed him to a two-way contract. He is Giannis' younger brother. I think this puts to rest any question as to what the Lakers' long-term plan is. They have structured their free agent signings such that all the deals end right in time for Giannis' free agency. They basically announced this is their plan, but without tampering this time. In 2-years, Kostas will be recruiting his brother to play with him.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2216 Post(s)

The Lakers will be a decent to good team until mid Feb when Lebron breaks down. They will make the playoffs but Davis will not be able to carry them without Lebron who will be out.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    451 Post(s)

Well the injury bug is already back. Boogie Cousins tore his ACL earlier this week and might miss the entire season.

If he hadn't torn his Achilles, he's probably be making north of $30 million a year right now. As it stands, he probably won't make $30 million over the remainder of his career.