Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Karlsson Signs with Sharts - 8 yrs - $88MM+

  1. #11
    1st Scoring Line
    05/29/93's Avatar
    Karma: 1826000
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,913
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    366 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
    Couture: 30 y.o., $8M until 2026

    Burns: 34 y.o., $8M until 2025

    Vlasic 32 y.o., $7M until 2026

    Karlsson 29 y.o., $11.5M until 2028

    $34.5M in four players until 2025.
    And I thought the Kings were in bad shape with big bad contracts.

  2. #12
    1st Scoring Line
    LAKingSteve's Avatar
    Karma: 1355000
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,954
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    846 Post(s)

    Default

    Braun traded today to Team Gritty. $3.8MM off the books, trying to clear space to sign Pavelski. Assuming he gets a min of 8MM a year, you now have 5 players taking up $52MM of an estimated $83MM cap. Crazy. By comparison, the Kings top 5 salaries total roughly $40MM (including Quick and Kovalchuck who could very well be gone). I do wonder if the Kings make a run at Panarin.

  3. #13
    God is good, all the time
    Kingrick's Avatar
    Karma: 1103667
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3,048
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 05/29/93 View Post
    And I thought the Kings were in bad shape with big bad contracts.
    At least the Kings won something.

  4. #14
    All Star
    salami's Avatar
    Karma: 2650072
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    5,552
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    572 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LAKingSteve View Post
    Braun traded today to Team Gritty. $3.8MM off the books, trying to clear space to sign Pavelski. Assuming he gets a min of 8MM a year, you now have 5 players taking up $52MM of an estimated $83MM cap. Crazy. By comparison, the Kings top 5 salaries total roughly $40MM (including Quick and Kovalchuck who could very well be gone). I do wonder if the Kings make a run at Panarin.
    Well, one thing's for sure: take the over on every Sharks game and you'll be rolling in dough. To put it in Sutter terms, it appears Doug Wilson believes the NHL is a 9-8 league.

  5. #15
    Let's Rock
    kluka68's Avatar
    Karma: 5070601
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,038
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
    Couture: 30 y.o., $8M until 2026

    Burns: 34 y.o., $8M until 2025

    Vlasic 32 y.o., $7M until 2026

    Karlsson 29 y.o., $11.5M until 2028

    $34.5M in four players until 2025.
    Add Kane 27 y.o., $7M to this gang and you get $41.5M in 5 players until 2025 , it's like half a cap.

    And no first round picks in 2019 and 2020.
    Last edited by kluka68; June 19th, 2019 at 10:19 PM.

  6. #16
    1st Scoring Line
    Bollocks's Avatar
    Karma: 1555012
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,369
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    593 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kluka68 View Post
    Add Kane 27 y.o., $7M to this gang and you get $41.5M in 5 players until 2025 , it's like half a cap.

    And no first round picks in 2019 and 2020.
    You forgot Pavelski will most likely join them, too, with the "If they can get millions until death, I should, too!" contract. Martin Jones and Hertl are close to 6 mil/year, too...not that they're likely to be a liability, but it's hefty contracts.

    So, they will have around 60 million in 7 players, without 1st round picks in 2019 and 2020. Oh and the cap is likely going to go down, even. 16 roster spots, 20 or so million to spend...


    They are literally bound to even more mediocrity. It's basically set in stone.
    Last edited by Bollocks; June 19th, 2019 at 11:49 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •