Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    590 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Goon Squad View Post
    Curious, indeed. So they got him locked in for 3 years at less than Iafallo money! That frankly surprises me, as I think he's a bigger asset. I'd call it a win for Blake.
    Counter point: Alex has chemistry with Anze. If Tmac takes liberties and throws Adrian on Anze’s wing, will they be “good” together? Who is to say, but I’m excited to see that thought through(?) Hmmm...

You know that special place in your heart that is reserved for Tom Hanks movies where in the end, it all works out O-kay. I ask you to access that place now. Word on the internet slash streets is/are(?) that players on the Los Angeles Kings will be earning their spot this year. Fun. Novel. Intriguing. Taking that at face value: how will our “new” lines shake out? I’d ask to pair those defensemen too, but I just can’t and stay true to the Tom Hanks movie mindset with that as a factor. But you do you. [I’d post my own but the liberties I take could be jarring, so I’ll wait.]

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3594 Post(s)

I wanna know which of these prior guesses ended up in the wink wink deal between Kempe and Blake!

4th Line Insurance Policy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    419 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by What party? View Post
    Counter point: Alex has chemistry with Anze. If Tmac takes liberties and throws Adrian on Anzes wing, will they be good together? Who is to say, but Im excited to see that thought through(?) Hmmm...

You know that special place in your heart that is reserved for Tom Hanks movies where in the end, it all works out O-kay. I ask you to access that place now. Word on the internet slash streets is/are(?) that players on the Los Angeles Kings will be earning their spot this year. Fun. Novel. Intriguing. Taking that at face value: how will our new lines shake out? Id ask to pair those defensemen too, but I just cant and stay true to the Tom Hanks movie mindset with that as a factor. But you do you. [Id post my own but the liberties I take could be jarring, so Ill wait.]
    Haha, well I'll do a couple of 'em, but not the whole steenking lineup! And this isn't what I think TMac will do, it's what I would do.

I am of the firm belief that the Kings have too many 160 foot players. The reason Iafallo works is because he uses his speed to go and rag pucks. That's the reason Iafallo/Kopi works, and it's the real reason why Kovalchuk suddenly went from leading the team in scoring to being a "problem." Brown missed the first part of the season, and when he came back, they stupidly took Iafallo off that line and went with their original (stupid) plan of Kovalchuk/Kopitar/Brown. It's stupid because none of them wants to go dig pucks out of the corner anymore, and once AI was off that line, no one did. If Brown isn't going to play like an F1, then he shouldn't be on that line. I love him and I'm glad he's been rejuvenated, but we all know that's the PP talking. Speaking of talking, what the hell was I talking about again? Oh yeah. Iafallo/Kopitar/Kovalchuk is the first line I would start with. (PS. the only time Kovalchuk looked any good the rest of the season was when he played with Clifford! Just in case anyone thinks he doesn't need somebody to go get him the puck!) (PPS. There's no crying in hockey!!!)

I would also have Austin Wagner on LW2. Yes, LW2. For the exact same ****ing reason! He gets there first, he wins battles, and he facilitates everything your line wants to do. Also, Wagner showed a huge uptick in finishing ability last season.

Could Adrian Kempe be a good winger? Get in first and recover pucks in the corners? Sure. And I think he ends up there in a few years when he gets squeezed out of the middle by Turcotte, Kupari, JAD, Akil, and He who shall not be Gabed. But for now, I like him in the middle. If he does play wing, I think you have to have a center willing and able to read off of his sweeping rushes through the middle, rather than forcing Kempe to go full North and the South.

Oh yeah, and my other prediction from earlier in the summer - Prokhorkin will dress in 11 games over a 20 game period, and then be sent back to Russia.

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    590 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Goon Squad View Post
    Haha, well I'll do a couple of 'em, but not the whole steenking lineup! And this isn't what I think TMac will do, it's what I would do.

I am of the firm belief that the Kings have too many 160 foot players. The reason Iafallo works is because he uses his speed to go and rag pucks. That's the reason Iafallo/Kopi works, and it's the real reason why Kovalchuk suddenly went from leading the team in scoring to being a "problem." Brown missed the first part of the season, and when he came back, they stupidly took Iafallo off that line and went with their original (stupid) plan of Kovalchuk/Kopitar/Brown. It's stupid because none of them wants to go dig pucks out of the corner anymore, and once AI was off that line, no one did. If Brown isn't going to play like an F1, then he shouldn't be on that line. I love him and I'm glad he's been rejuvenated, but we all know that's the PP talking. Speaking of talking, what the hell was I talking about again? Oh yeah. Iafallo/Kopitar/Kovalchuk is the first line I would start with. (PS. the only time Kovalchuk looked any good the rest of the season was when he played with Clifford! Just in case anyone thinks he doesn't need somebody to go get him the puck!) (PPS. There's no crying in hockey!!!)

I would also have Austin Wagner on LW2. Yes, LW2. For the exact same ****ing reason! He gets there first, he wins battles, and he facilitates everything your line wants to do. Also, Wagner showed a huge uptick in finishing ability last season.

Could Adrian Kempe be a good winger? Get in first and recover pucks in the corners? Sure. And I think he ends up there in a few years when he gets squeezed out of the middle by Turcotte, Kupari, JAD, Akil, and He who shall not be Gabed. But for now, I like him in the middle. If he does play wing, I think you have to have a center willing and able to read off of his sweeping rushes through the middle, rather than forcing Kempe to go full North and the South.

Oh yeah, and my other prediction from earlier in the summer - Prokhorkin will dress in 11 games over a 20 game period, and then be sent back to Russia.
    Heh. I like it when people sink to my level and get weird, kudos. No pressure on the line combos, after guys pass the eye test at camp is fine. I guess my issues is prior to 2012 all of us here watched the Kings (forgive me) fail in every conceivable way but for the last four, its been the same way. I guess I miss the variety. Sigh. Your assessment on the top line is valid but I offer this scenario for funsies: Alex-Anze-Carl. Same vibe just younger. Sorry Dustin.

Say what you will about Prokhorkin but I’m viewing the signing as that theory when you buy* a dog you might as well get another so they can have a friend. Yes, this is an oversimplification and Ilya plays the same position as Nik but sometimes a little familiarly grounds a person, this could be a good thing. So my hope is that both Nik and Ilya become besties and get competitively inspired. Ilya could tell him all of his disgusting Magic City stories from his Thrasher days; that’s how guys bond right? *smile* If we can just get one vet to a happy productive place that may be enough to sustain team morale…optimistically speaking.

*sorry, I mean rescue (eyeroll)

Jam: The heat has fried my brain, not sure what you're asking but if it helps, I want to know. =)

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    797 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes View Post
    Aaaaannnndddd the thread just became irrelevant.
    " and irrelevant never forgets."

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2218 Post(s)

when and if he ever signs it will be just a great day for Kings fans...