Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Default Wheeler Top 50 Drafted Prospects

1. J Hughes 2. Kakko 3. Q. Hughes 4. Makar 5. E. Bouchard

6. Alex Turcotte, C, 18 (Los Angeles Kings ? 5th overall, 2019)
    My third-ranked player in the 2019 draft, Turcotte has everything needed to become a dominant, playmaking, two-way first-line center at the NHL. He?s an excellent passer, both in transition and off the cycle. He can handle the puck as the dominant carrier on his line. He can run a power play. He rarely loses battles along the wall. He supports the play well defensively. He?s going to be a factor in all-situations and a huge part of any Kings turnaround.

For laughs:

18. Kirby Dach, C, 18 (Chicago Blackhawks ? 3rd overall, 2019)
    It?s not hard to imagine a scenario where Dach finishes his career as the third-best player in the 2019 draft. And though I wouldn?t have taken him third overall in 2019, he sat comfortably in my 6-8 range (and occasionally a slot or two higher) for most of the season. Dach is big, he has range, he?s getting stronger, he taught himself to go to the net more last season and he has high-end passing ability off the cycle. Mix in decent skating for a player his size and you?ve got an extremely exciting package of skills that every team covets in a first- or second-line center.

https://theathletic.com/1077434/2019...-2019-edition/

Philmonton Floilers
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psych3man View Post
    1. J Hughes 2. Kakko 3. Q. Hughes 4. Makar 5. E. Bouchard

6. Alex Turcotte, C, 18 (Los Angeles Kings ? 5th overall, 2019)
    My third-ranked player in the 2019 draft, Turcotte has everything needed to become a dominant, playmaking, two-way first-line center at the NHL. He?s an excellent passer, both in transition and off the cycle. He can handle the puck as the dominant carrier on his line. He can run a power play. He rarely loses battles along the wall. He supports the play well defensively. He?s going to be a factor in all-situations and a huge part of any Kings turnaround.

For laughs:

18. Kirby Dach, C, 18 (Chicago Blackhawks ? 3rd overall, 2019)
    It?s not hard to imagine a scenario where Dach finishes his career as the third-best player in the 2019 draft. And though I wouldn?t have taken him third overall in 2019, he sat comfortably in my 6-8 range (and occasionally a slot or two higher) for most of the season. Dach is big, he has range, he?s getting stronger, he taught himself to go to the net more last season and he has high-end passing ability off the cycle. Mix in decent skating for a player his size and you?ve got an extremely exciting package of skills that every team covets in a first- or second-line center.

https://theathletic.com/1077434/2019...-2019-edition/
    In the comments, he notes he'd have Kupari in the 60-70 range. And Vilardi fell out due to injuries. Kale Clague also no longer in the top 50.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1283 Post(s)

I like Wheeler, but it would be interesting to see if Wheeler or Pronman are the better forecasters of talent.

I wasn't high on Dach but my buddy in Chicago says the press there continues to rave about him. All the players selected 3-5 are really good with potential to be great. Too bad for the Kings, the guys at 1 and 2 were excellent with almost assured to be great. Curse the lottery.